Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ALopezCDP  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:03:34 AM(UTC)
ALopezCDP

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/6/2011(UTC)
Posts: 6

PLEASE Help... Ref: Ikea/whirlpool model #IBS550P serial W10210916A 30” built in oven / self clean was initiated for 1st time, let it sit overnight next morning appears there is no power, checked breakers, turned breaker off waited a few min breaker back on still nothing and of course door is lock shut.
Need to know if this unit has a door release button or slot to open with out power?


What has caused this problem is it the thermal fuse?


Are you aware of other problems with this Unit?


Major issue is this Unit is in Exuma Bahamas and no “service centers” in the area And Whirlpool Customer service will not let me talk to a Tech due to no service in our areas.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
 
Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 8:00:12 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: ALopezCDP Go to Quoted Post
PLEASE Help... Ref: Ikea/whirlpool model #IBS550P serial W10210916A 30” built in oven / self clean was initiated for 1st time, let it sit overnight next morning appears there is no power, checked breakers, turned breaker off waited a few min breaker back on still nothing and of course door is lock shut.
Need to know if this unit has a door release button or slot to open with out power?


What has caused this problem is it the thermal fuse?


Are you aware of other problems with this Unit?


Major issue is this Unit is in Exuma Bahamas and no “service centers” in the area And Whirlpool Customer service will not let me talk to a Tech due to no service in our areas.


A Lopez,

You're most likely correct, the thermal fuse, on the back of the oven has opened, due to an overheat or air flow problem.

This does seem to be a common occurrence on Whirlpool built wall ovens.

There are other components you need to check or repair when you're ready to solve the issue.
Check the door gasket for damaged, frayed or "hard" discolored areas, and a"light" seal to the oven front frame panel, with the door closed.

Part number: AP3892420
Part number: AP3892420


Also check the door alignment, with the door opened completely, the door angle should be 90 dgrs. or less, this would indicate a bent front flange or damaged boor hinges.
As for the thermal fuse,

Part number: AP3885687
Part number: AP3885687


You will need to remove the oven from the cabinet, remove the back panel and replace the fuse and check the wiring. You DO NOT want to operate the oven, with the fuse bypassed ( you can bypass it for a test purpose ONLY). Also verify, you have a proper installation(per the owners manual) once the repair is completed.

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
ALopezCDP  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 8:56:58 AM(UTC)
ALopezCDP

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/6/2011(UTC)
Posts: 6

Thank U Joe,

The gasket is fine the oven does not get used Daily Maybe 1 time a month.
My only other Problem is since the Door is Locked can not take oven out of cabinet Do you have info on [FONT=&quot] how to Removed the control panel, to depress the solenoid to open the door[/FONT]
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 10:29:00 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: ALopezCDP Go to Quoted Post
Thank U Joe,

The gasket is fine the oven does not get used Daily Maybe 1 time a month.
My only other Problem is since the Door is Locked can not take oven out of cabinet Do you have info on [FONT=&quot]how to Removed the control panel, to depress the solenoid to open the door[/FONT]


A Lopez,

I had a feeling I forgot something ...

You have a motor driven S/C door latch assembly.

Part number: AP4429328
Part number: AP4429328


I've always used a coat hanger for this style oven door latch.

Straighten out a metal coat hanger, and put a 2 to 3 inch bend in one end.
(so it looks like a big check mark).
Slide the coat hanger in the opening between the door and the front of the oven cavity from the left side of the door, or over the top of the door.
Pull the hanger to the left, until you feel the hook catch the latch, push in on the oven door handle and pull the hanger an additional 1/4 inch, then pull out on the door handle and open the door. When you have finished the checks and repairs, the latch should return to it's original "unlocked" position, when the power is reapplied to the oven.

Sorry about that,

Thanks,

:) :) :)
ALopezCDP  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:18:21 AM(UTC)
ALopezCDP

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/6/2011(UTC)
Posts: 6

Hi Joe, TXS Again for your help with this
I ordered part and have received it no installation instructions.

I know it sounds simple but.... remember this is going to Exuma, Bahamas and
nothing is simple or easy when you do not have a "service" guy. :eek:

So any detailed info you can send / give me would be appreciated

TXS :) ALopez
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 2:15:31 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: ALopezCDP Go to Quoted Post
Hi Joe, TXS Again for your help with this
I ordered part and have received it no installation instructions.

I know it sounds simple but.... remember this is going to Exuma, Bahamas and
nothing is simple or easy when you do not have a "service" guy. :eek:

So any detailed info you can send / give me would be appreciated

TXS :) ALopez


ALopez,

I don't think you'll have a problem, if you're careful. don't damage the lock assembly when you unlock the door and you'll be fine.

Once you replace the limit switch, and apply power to the oven, it should run the latch motor until it reches the unlocked position. Or you can program a self clean cycle and let it run the start of the cycle for a few minutes , then cancel the cycle.

You'll do fine...

:) :) :)
ALopezCDP  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 2:30:13 PM(UTC)
ALopezCDP

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/6/2011(UTC)
Posts: 6

If it were me doing it I would not Worry as much.
But I have to count on a Service Guy I have never used before and
Have no Clue how much he knows about this.
That is why I was asking for a Little more detail or Info :D

Thanks
Ana :)
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:12:48 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: ALopezCDP Go to Quoted Post
If it were me doing it I would not Worry as much.
But I have to count on a Service Guy I have never used before and
Have no Clue how much he knows about this.
That is why I was asking for a Little more detail or Info :D

Thanks
Ana :)



I understand, now.

You've got a pretty good idea, of how he should be going about it, and where he should be working. I think, you'll be fine.

:) :) :)
ALopezCDP  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 9:39:47 AM(UTC)
ALopezCDP

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/6/2011(UTC)
Posts: 6

Hi Joe,

Well Part number: AP3885687

was ordered and On Island But I get the following email from My Repair Guy
Good Morning Ana,
When I arrived at the house, I looked at the Oven and immediately discovered that the breaker power was on but the Oven had no electrical power. I knew then that something else was wrong other than the part you sent. On troubleshooting the electrical circuitry, why the Oven had no electrical power, this fuse was the cause.

The thermostat that you sent could be the problem why this fuse was blown to protect the Oven unit PC board. This thermostat will have to be changed along with the fuse.

Below is the picture of the fuse your Oven carries!

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/Appliance-Parts/whirlpool-oven-thermal-fuse-item-number-ap3110028.aspx

It is made by Whirlpool. For the correct part, please refer to the exact model and serial numbers.


Part # IBS550PWS00 / S# XY1102490


I did Chat with APS person and they tell me they cant find what I need? :confused:


Any Ideas or Suggestions on Which one of the 2 they show on line is one I need?


TXS :cool:
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:55:47 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: ALopezCDP Go to Quoted Post
Hi Joe,

Well Part number: AP3885687

was ordered and On Island But I get the following email from My Repair Guy
Good Morning Ana,
When I arrived at the house, I looked at the Oven and immediately discovered that the breaker power was on but the Oven had no electrical power. I knew then that something else was wrong other than the part you sent. On troubleshooting the electrical circuitry, why the Oven had no electrical power, this fuse was the cause.

The thermostat that you sent could be the problem why this fuse was blown to protect the Oven unit PC board. This thermostat will have to be changed along with the fuse.

Below is the picture of the fuse your Oven carries!

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/Appliance-Parts/whirlpool-oven-thermal-fuse-item-number-ap3110028.aspx

It is made by Whirlpool. For the correct part, please refer to the exact model and serial numbers.


Part # IBS550PWS00 / S# XY1102490


I did Chat with APS person and they tell me they cant find what I need? :confused:


Any Ideas or Suggestions on Which one of the 2 they show on line is one I need?


TXS :cool:



Alopez,

Your oven had to have taken a very large voltage spike, to open the control panel thermal fuse, since the oven was not in use at the time.

There are two(2) thermal fuses for this style wall oven, and the only major difference is the connector terminals.

Part number: AP3110028
Part number: AP3110028



Part number: AP3777386
Part number: AP3777386


I'm pretty sure you'll need the AP3110028 thermal fuse, the more common part, but you should probably forward this to your technician, and have him varify the terminal connections.

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
Users browsing this topic
3 Pages123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.