Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<12345>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe / APP Team  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:03:09 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cfisse11 Go to Quoted Post
have whirlpool du1100xtpt0. Clean light flashing 7 times have replaced the heating element; tried a thermister and that wasn't the problem. sent it back; have reset the code with heated dry, normal; and also heated dry hi-temp. I know for sure the water temperature is great and the pressure is great. have cleaned out the bottom of the tub. it runs for a while and shuts off. and sometimes when i get it to run it goes to rinse cycle right away. I open the door and my glasses steam up but when I touch the heating element it is not hot to the touch. I'm at my wits end because I have been dealing with this for about a month now. I replaced a heating element last year and about a month ago, all of a sudden I heard a noise and looked over at the dishwasher and I saw smoke coming out the right side of the front at the top. When I opened the door I found a top to a bottle of water laying underneath the heating element. I naturally thought that it did something to the element. But I replaced it and no luck.

Please help!!!

Cfisse, Based on your post, you may want to start at the control panel keypad assembly

Part number: AP3774267

"it runs for a while and shuts off. and sometimes when i get it to run it goes to rinse cycle right away"

If the keypad circuits are malfunctioning or intermittent, this could cause the dishwasher control board to "short cycle" and / or misinterpret the selection made.

You'll want to get a multi meter

[AP5641751]

so you can check the resistance of the heater element, thermostat and wires, and voltage to the thermostat and heater from the control board.

The attached service file will help you out to reset the control board properly and conduct the diagnostics tests and resistances of the circuits and components in the heater circuit, etc.

IMG_5379x2.jpg
File Attachment(s):
Tech%20Sheet%20-%208557727.pdf (1,004kb) downloaded 88 time(s).
cfisse11  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:29:37 PM(UTC)
cfisse11

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Cfisse, Based on your post, you may want to start at the control panel keypad assembly

"it runs for a while and shuts off. and sometimes when i get it to run it goes to rinse cycle right away"

If the keypad circuits are malfunctioning or intermittent, this could cause the dishwasher control board to "short cycle" and / or misinterpret the selection made.

You'll want to get a multi meter

[AP5641751]

so you can check the resistance of the heater element, thermostat and wires, and voltage to the thermostat and heater from the control board.

The attached service file will help you out to reset the control board properly and conduct the diagnostics tests and resistances of the circuits and components in the heater circuit, etc.

IMG_5379x2.jpg

I have already tried all this and no luck; and I already have the tech sheet; Anything else we can do?
Joe / APP Team  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:27:33 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: cfisse11 Go to Quoted Post
I have already tried all this and no luck; and I already have the tech sheet; Anything else we can do?

You may want to test the heater circuit resistance at the control board and door switch wire terminals.
P6(white with Red stripe) to Door switch (white/purple stripe), Remove the wires from the components and check the resistance between the wire terminals. There should be a resistance of 10 to 35 ohms, this should confirm, the wires, hi limit switch, and heater are OK. Reattach everything, disconnect the White/Red wire from the hi limit switch, attach your meter leads to the wire terminal and chassis ground, program the diagnostic cycle, You should read 120 VAC on the wires at the start of the test mode and halfway through the test cycle(increment 1 and 9 of the test) No voltage, would indicate an issue in the control board

Part number: AP3775585
Part number: AP3775585

or a wiring issue., between the control board and the bottom of the dishwasher door.
raypm  
#24 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2013 6:29:47 AM(UTC)
raypm

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
GB,
Here's some help :

Control is programmed to stop the current cycle and not allow any further
cycles if it suspects a faulty heater (no temperature increase detected in heated intervals). Control blinks the Clean LED 7 times in repetitive fashion and disables the Start/Resume key until cleared.

SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE
To start the Service Diagnostics Cycle, press the
following keys, in order, in less than 6 seconds, while in standby(power on but unit off):
Heated Dry, Normal, Heated Dry, Normal
To Rapid advance one interval at a time, press the Start key, noting that
unlike Standard cycles, the Diagnostics Cycle automatically resumes
after door openings and does not require pressing Start to resume.

Once the diagnostic cycle has run and shut off, run a normal wash cycle, empty and with no detergent, to reset the control to factory "normal" operation. Make sure there's plenty of hot water.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)

I have gone through the process above with hitting the cancel at the end and without. When I hit the cancel at the end, it went through the 2 min cycle and stop. Without hitting the cancel at the end, it went through the 17 minute cycle . After both cycle, I run the normal wash cycle and it still stop after 15 to 20 min into the normal cycle and the clean light flash 7 times. I am beginning to think that I have to replace the heating element, but every time I open up the machine after the 17 minute cycle, there are steam coming out the machine when I open the door. So I am assuming that heating element is working. Is there anything else I could check? Please advice. Thanks.

Ray
Joe / APP Team  
#25 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2013 5:33:25 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: raypm Go to Quoted Post
I have gone through the process above with hitting the cancel at the end and without. When I hit the cancel at the end, it went through the 2 min cycle and stop. Without hitting the cancel at the end, it went through the 17 minute cycle . After both cycle, I run the normal wash cycle and it still stop after 15 to 20 min into the normal cycle and the clean light flash 7 times. I am beginning to think that I have to replace the heating element, but every time I open up the machine after the 17 minute cycle, there are steam coming out the machine when I open the door. So I am assuming that heating element is working. Is there anything else I could check? Please advice. Thanks.

Ray

Ray, Your best bet is to test the heater circuit, at the control board connector. That way you'll be testing the components and the wiring, all at once. You should have a resistance reading of 10 to 30 ohms, with the dishwasher heater circuit at room temperature.

You also want to test the water temperature with a thermometer or the temperature probe of your meter. We want to have a better idea of the possible delay time when the control stalls and heats the water. If all checks are OK, then the presumption would be an issue in the control board.
illsphil  
#26 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 7:24:02 AM(UTC)
illsphil

Hi,

Hope someone can help me reset our dishwasher type GU2400XTPB1. It wont run and the pots n pans light starts blinking. Have tried using "sani rinse" "heated dry" "sani rinse" "heated dry" to reset and nothing changed. Also cut power off to the dishwasher for 20-30 min and when i start it back up the "heated dry" and "pots n pans" lights go on.

Any help much appreciated, thanks!
Joe / APP Team  
#27 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 10:20:04 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: illsphil Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Hope someone can help me reset our dishwasher type GU2400XTPB1. It wont run and the pots n pans light starts blinking. Have tried using "sani rinse" "heated dry" "sani rinse" "heated dry" to reset and nothing changed. Also cut power off to the dishwasher for 20-30 min and when i start it back up the "heated dry" and "pots n pans" lights go on.

Any help much appreciated, thanks!

Illsphil, Here is to reset procedure for your dishwasher " To start the Service
Diagnostics Cycle, press the following keys, in order, in less than 6 seconds, while in standby: Heated Dry, Normal, Heated Dry, Normal
To Rapid advance one interval at a time, press the Start key, noting that
unlike Standard cycles, the Diagnostics Cycle automatically resumes after door openings and does not require pressing Start to resume."
Based on your description and the tech data sheet, apparently you have a faulty key pad circuit(s) and will need to replace the control panel / key pad assembly

Part number: AP3774276
Part number: AP3774276

You should find the tech data information sheet attached to the back side of the lower kick plate/access panel, if you need it.
illsphil  
#28 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 9:00:23 AM(UTC)
illsphil

Thanks Joe! Looks like its running again. Will check back if it acts up and we need the part.
Joe / APP Team  
#29 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 8:59:50 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: illsphil Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Joe! Looks like its running again. Will check back if it acts up and we need the part.

Ok, you need to keep in mind, the control will reset, after the reset, the unit will work, advance, and operate properly one (1) cycle, the next time the cycle is used, if the issue still exists, you'll get the flashing LED, again.
pypeAttiche  
#30 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 4:49:33 PM(UTC)
pypeAttiche

Hello everyone!
I've recently found marvelous
hoodia
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply