Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kyle  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2011 10:11:44 AM(UTC)
Kyle

Groups: Registered

Hello, I have discovered a leaking tube from the red solenoid of the water valve, part numberAP2071736. The tube bends soon after the valve and loops back into the unit. The tube has gotten hard over the years and is now cracked and leaking, and has pinhole leaks. The water valve works fine; when I ask for water from the dispenser, water comes out of the valve (and on to the floor right now!). So I believe I need some new tubing from the water valve to the water dispenser. So, a few questions:

1. I assume I'll need to remove the back of the unit to install the new tube; if I unscrew the bolts, will the back slide out?
2. Where does this water dispenser tube terminate, and is it difficult to route it there and what kind of fitting will I find?
3. What's the part number of the clear tubing? Does it come by the foot, or in one pre-cut piece?
4. How does the water get into the dispenser on the door? I don't see where the tube goes out to the door itself?

thanks
Kyle
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.