Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ara  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 5:16:02 PM(UTC)
ara

Groups: Registered

Hi we've had a grinding noise when we start the dishwasher, like a loud ratchet. It may be happening later during the cycle as well. Today water came out of the top unit setting off the flood switch. So I pulled both drawers out to look inside. How can I figure out if the lid / motors are the problem (not pulling the lid down)? Can one run the diagnostics with the drawers pulled out? Or is it the dreaded impeller? What steps do you take to examine this if this is the case?
Thank you so much

ps dishes are clean, sometimes surprised at amount of water left in washer after completed- clean the screens, but not sure where to look if a further clog
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 5:38:36 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

If you have water setting off the flood switch, I would suspect one or both of the actuators are not closing the lid and the ratcheting sound would further raise my suspicions. You can test the actuators with the drawers out just to verify their operation by using the tech sheet behind the lower drawer. Also, if the actuators are white in color, they are the old style and should to be replaced with the newer black versions (the part number should sub to the new version). Water left after the wash is usually related to either a damaged fin on the rotor portion of the motor (the part inside you can remove) or the installation of the drain line. These require a very specific installation and any deviation will result in poor draining during the wash cycles.