Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rafat  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 11:42:53 AM(UTC)
Rafat

Groups: Registered

I have a magic chef stove/oven. the bake element burned, so I replaced it and when I turn it on, it takes for ever for the oven to reach bout 200 F. I replaced the sensor, and the problem is still the same. everything else works fine except the bake new bake element is not getting to temp higher than about 200. no errors shows on the display. and I can hear the clicking as normal when I turn the oven on but still the same problem. Any help? Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 3:24:27 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Rafat,

If there is nothing wrong with the wires between the Bake element and the control board then the control board is the culprit.

- The control board Part number: AP4396713
Rafat  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:12:16 PM(UTC)
Rafat

Groups: Registered

Hello Gene,
Thanks for your recommendation. The Control Board is working perfectly for other areas such as the clock, the surface burners, broils . No error reported on the display or when using the board. When turning the oven, the bake element gets hot, but not enough and it takes about 4 hours to get to 200 degrees. ?? I did not test the wires to the bake element, but assumed that it is working since the element gets up to 200 degrees.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:28:42 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The Bake element should receive 240 VAC to get red hot. If it's hot but not red hot, then there is improper voltage to it. The voltage provided by the control board and if a relay on the board does not work properly, the heating element would not get hot enough but there would not be any error codes shown in such situation.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply