Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rayman812  
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 4:50:11 PM(UTC)
Rayman812

Groups: Registered

OK...a bit of progress I guess after taking a week off from the holidays

anyways, so i jumped the 2 thick(er) red wires at the motor leading to the switch, and as soon as I plugged it in (the dryer is set to heat cycle and all), the heater coils light up and "smell" of heat all over, esp. with this being a brand new element im sure there's some stuff getting burnt off.

so my question is this, does this seem about right? and does this pretty much determine that it is the centrfugal switch and that if i replace it (the motor) it will definitely get the whole thing in working order? and lastly, is there absolutely no way to just buy a centrifugal switch by itself - since it looks pretty "detachable" with 2 wire terminals (not-soldered) and 2 screws it seems.

Please advise....thanks for all the help thus far.

Ray
denman  
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 5:19:10 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="DarkRed"]so my question is this, does this seem about right? and does this pretty much determine that it is the centrfugal switch and that if i replace it (the motor) it will definitely get the whole thing in working order?[/COLOR]
I would say that the answer to all the above is yes.

[COLOR="DarkRed"] and lastly, is there absolutely no way to just buy a centrifugal switch by itself - since it looks pretty "detachable" with 2 wire terminals (not-soldered) and 2 screws it seems.[/COLOR]
I know of no source for just the switch so you have to re[place the motor assembly.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!