Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ds_05  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 5:48:11 AM(UTC)
ds_05

Groups: Registered

I have a GE dishwasher (GSD2000G00WW) and it just started leaking when running out the bottom of the door. I bought a new door gasket for the door and installed that this weekend. Ran a load of dishes and it continued to leak again. What else could this door leaking be caused by. I thought maybe the drain was pluged and the water was filling up to high and that is what was causing the leak but I checked and the drain doesn't seem to be plugged at all. I would like to know what other ideas are out there that might be causing this before I put more money into the dishwasher because it might be cheaper just to buy a new one which I really don't want to do.

Help Please!

Dana
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jeburroughs  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:22:07 PM(UTC)
jeburroughs

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: ds_05 Go to Quoted Post
I have a GE dishwasher (GSD2000G00WW) and it just started leaking when running out the bottom of the door. I bought a new door gasket for the door and installed that this weekend. Ran a load of dishes and it continued to leak again. What else could this door leaking be caused by. I thought maybe the drain was pluged and the water was filling up to high and that is what was causing the leak but I checked and the drain doesn't seem to be plugged at all. I would like to know what other ideas are out there that might be causing this before I put more money into the dishwasher because it might be cheaper just to buy a new one which I really don't want to do.

Help Please!

Dana

Dana,

If the water cut-off float/cone is gummed-up or dirty there will be too much water and this will result in a leak. There is a plastic cone at the bottom. Remove the screw and remove it. You will find an internal float and lift rod. Clean them and reinstall. This amy fix your leak. It fixed my problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply