Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Roy B  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 6:05:52 AM(UTC)
Roy B

Groups: Registered

:confused: I have seen other posts about this but I have not seen anyone say that they can make the unit drain by pushing the cancel button twice.

I have checked the drain and the check valve, tested to motor and ran the unit throught a cycle. It drains fine during the cycle but will not drain at the end. I then can push the cancle button 2 times and it drains out and the water dose not flow back into the unit.

Is there anyone that knows what the heck is going on with this unit?? Thanks:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 6:35:05 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Let me ask you this. Look under the sink, and if the drain hose hooks up to the garbage disposal, does it leave, the disposal on its way to the dishwasher, and go straight down, or does it leave the disposal, and go up about a foot, and then down? That is the way it should be. If you are walking up to the dishwasher after its done, that could be the problem. because all the water might not drain out, and leave some in the dishwasher. The other thing I would like you to check is to fill the dishwasher up with water, and then hit the cancel button twice to make it drain, and look down the sink, where the disposal is and see if it is draining out hard, or real slow. If it is real slow, you could have a partially clogged drain hose. If so, kill the power to the dishwasher, and make sure you have drained the water out before you kill the power, and then unhook the drain hose from the dishwasher, and the garbage disposal, and take it out side and either blow it out with an air hose, or a water hose. Check it out, and let me know. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Roy B  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 10:06:49 AM(UTC)
Roy B

Groups: Registered

The drain hose has the proper up (air-trap) in it. I do not have a garbage disopsal. The water is not backing up in the sink drain when I run the unit. It just started to do this thing where it has the bottom of the unit full of water. I did run the unit in the quick wash mode and it did fill and run through the cycle and in the end it had water left in the bottom. I have good flow when I push the cancel button 2 times. The water drains properly during the cycle but just not after the last event and that is what is puzzling. Oh Yes, I did clear the drain hose to be sure it was not a problem.
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 12:33:59 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Roy, I did a little digging here on my thought process. The drain is clear, the drain is clear, and it drain fine, all through the cycles, except the last one. I have a feeling that it is in the control board. The control board, part # used to be 8528874, and now it is 8564542. This could be an indication of either a change in the board, which is good, or sourced up to be made by some one else. The only other thing that I thought you should do is to time the drain cycle in the begining of the wash cycle, and see if it compares with the same amount of time in the last drain cycle. I do not think it is the pump, because it is told what to do by the board. Let me know what you find. Tom ApplianceEducator.com