Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jmnardo  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2009 4:45:04 PM(UTC)
jmnardo

Groups: Registered

My gas dryer recently started to smell like partially brunt fuel. I can smell it a litte inside and stronger outside. I can sometimes smell it on our clothes, but not usually. It was a natural gas dryer when new, but it was converted to propane about 15 years ago.

I checked the vent and it appeared clear. I did clean it out and shorten the flex hose. That seemed to help, but the smell came back.

I read a post here that a kerosene smell can be due to painting fumes. To me it smells more like incomplete combustion, but I could see it described as smelling like kerosene. I did start noticing this smell after I started refinishing the cabinets in the house. I've been spraying a catalized varnish and brushing a polyurathane. Could this really be the source? I would not think there were enough volitized hydrocarbons to make a smell like that in the close dryer. I suppose the real test will be seeing if the smell remains when I'm done refinishing. I just want to make sure there is not a more serious problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.