Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dmullerd  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2007 11:07:33 AM(UTC)
dmullerd

Groups: Registered

I have a 5 burner 36" wide gas cook top from thermador. The center front burner does not light even though the burner sparks just fine. I've also noticed that when I try to turn it on the gas does not flow at all. I'm generally very handy with fixing things and hope I don't have to make a service call. Any thought?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

WilliamB  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2007 9:34:42 AM(UTC)
WilliamB

I am having the identical problem, but with the center rear burner. I believe that it may be either the burner solenoid, or the potentiometer, but I am unable to get to the parts in question. How do I remove the cook top?
chrisw  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2007 5:01:16 PM(UTC)
chrisw

There are 4 screws that need to be removed to take off the front panel. Once it's off, there are huge nut looking screws on top of each burner that need to be removed. Once you have them off, the cooktop pops right off. Please let me know if you figure this out because I have a similar problem but it applies to the entire left side of my RDSS30. One of my burners go out intermittently and there is no gas flow while the other one lights fine but there is a slight bang when either left side burner starts to spark.