Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gil  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2007 12:04:18 PM(UTC)
Gil

Groups: Registered

I found that my D/W was running for a longer peorid of time than before, and the clock display didn't count down, it would stay on the starting time. I found the way to put it into diagnostic mode and it returned an error code of "1", the Aqua Sensor (Sensotronic).

I tried to order a service manule from Bosch, but they wouldn't sell me one stating that I'm not a arthorised dealer/service tech. I can order the part, but I don't know where it is located.

If anyone can steer me in the right direction for ordering a service manule, or locating the sensor, I'd be greatfull.

Gil
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

nance459  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2007 12:05:12 PM(UTC)
nance459

Gil,
I have the 5302 and it is located on the back of the heater module. It was relatively easy to remove (I pulled it out when working on the circulation pump, figured better while had it apart). Model SHU5302 UC/12 (FD 8003-) try this 2 c if yours looks similar, bet they are. BTW, just wondering, you said the display didn't count down, are they showing the correct amount of time for each cycle? When my control module went out they all said 2hours (except for rinse and hold) and when I did the diagnostics I got an error message saying I had the same problem. I do know that the aqua sensor could make it run longer than usual though, but figured since I knew the control panel wasn't working anyway that I'd start there. I pulled it and saw both a burn spot and bad solder joint and decided to get the new control module. Once I put in the new module no error messages and everything is working.
Gil  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 4:44:38 AM(UTC)
Gil

Originally Posted by: nance459 Go to Quoted Post
Gil,
I have the 5302 and it is located on the back of the heater module. It was relatively easy to remove (I pulled it out when working on the circulation pump, figured better while had it apart). Model SHU5302 UC/12 (FD 8003-) try this 2 c if yours looks similar, bet they are. BTW, just wondering, you said the display didn't count down, are they showing the correct amount of time for each cycle? When my control module went out they all said 2hours (except for rinse and hold) and when I did the diagnostics I got an error message saying I had the same problem. I do know that the aqua sensor could make it run longer than usual though, but figured since I knew the control panel wasn't working anyway that I'd start there. I pulled it and saw both a burn spot and bad solder joint and decided to get the new control module. Once I put in the new module no error messages and everything is working.

Thank you for the suggestion, it was there as you stated. Has anyone ever 'fixed' their control board? Is there a schmatic of parts available, or are we stuck with throwing out the old one and buying new? I have in the past been able to diagnose and repair other appliance control boards if given enouph information on the control chip. Do you know of anyone who has in the past done such a thing?
nance459  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 7:38:59 AM(UTC)
nance459

Gil,
Glad the information helped, and thanks for letting me know. As for the control board, as far as I know Bosch only gives detail information to their authorized techs. They were very rude to me when I asked for the schematics for the system and told me point blank that they don't want customers to work on their machines. You might want to call the phone number above (877-477-7278) The person I spoke to was very helpful. Good luck.
Nance