Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jackchaos  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2009 8:31:04 AM(UTC)
jackchaos

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirpool double oven (model# RBD305PDB14 ) that I am intermittently having problems with. A few months ago the display stopped working for about a day.
It would just beep when you pressed the buttons and wouldn't turn on. Then it just started working again while I was trying to figure out what was going on with it.

Same thing happened yesterday and then this morning it just beeped a few times and the display started working again. Everything appears to working correctly now ... I can turn on both the upper and lower ovens now.

Is this problem caused by the control panel starting to go out or what? :confused: Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Jack
Decatur, AL
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2009 5:35:06 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

The control board (AP3595759) may be starting to fail. I am assuming you don't hear it randomly beep when no one is touching the panel, which leaves the control itself as being the possible problem. If the beeping occurs only when you touch one of the buttons, then the interface (AP3131744) may have a key that is sticking intermittently causing the problem.
jackchaos  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2009 5:46:35 PM(UTC)
jackchaos

thanks for the reply Brian. No, I'm not really getting any random beeping except when it is not working altogether.

last night about 11pm it beeped a few times and then this morning it started working again mysteriously.

My problem was the display was totally blank (it wasn't telling the time when not cooking with it) and the sequence of buttons that would normally turn the stove on just yielded beeps. The stove wouldn't come on.

Does that sound like the control panel or control board?
TechnicianBrian  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2009 6:01:05 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

If your display was blank at any point in this, then it is the control board. The board houses everything to control your ovens expect the actual buttons.
jackchaos  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2009 6:08:22 PM(UTC)
jackchaos

Ok. I just went and looked at the oven to make sure it was still working and it isn't. The display is totally blank.

I'll order the control board tonight.

Are there instructions on replacing the control board somewhere?
TechnicianBrian  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2009 6:43:08 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

No instructions, but it isn't to difficult. Turn off the power. Remove the side trims, then the two screws holding the panel in place, then lift it up and off the rails. Then it's just make note of which wire goes where, so you can get them onto the new one correctly. The put it back together.
jackchaos  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:28:55 PM(UTC)
jackchaos

alright, it finally quit working altogether and I replaced the control board (AP3595759) and now none of the buttons work and I get an E1 F2 error on the display. What's wrong with it now?
TechnicianBrian  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:44:53 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

That is a keypad error so you want to make sure the ribbon cable is secure in the connector and locked in place. Use a pencil eraser to clean the ends of the ribbon connector to ensure good contact. Also, there should have been an instruction sheet with the board outlining the steps to program the board for your range. If not here they are -

Programming the Cavity Size

When replacing the electronic control, be sure to
program the cavity size:

1. Within 60 seconds of power up, press the following
touchpads:

LOWER OFF, UPPER OVEN, BAKE, TEMP DOWN,
TIMER OFF, MINUTE DOWN, START, LIGHT.

2. Size is shown in display - “id 30”.

3. Press CLOCK pad until correct size is displayed.

4. Press CANCEL.

5. Press and hold LOWER OFF pad for 5 seconds to verify

programming

Read them carefully as they make little sense to sane people. Yours should be a 30 inch model so you shouldn't need to change anything.
jackchaos  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:09:00 PM(UTC)
jackchaos

I tried to clean the contacts on the end of the ribbon cable but I still can't get any of the keys on the keypad to work. When I first turn power on to it, it beeps and the cooling fan runs for about 30 secs I guess then I get an F5 E1 error and about a minute later it beeps and shows an E1 F2 error. Could The cable have gone bad when I disconnected the old board and hooked up the new one?
jackchaos  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:40:09 PM(UTC)
jackchaos

alright, I examined the cable closely and I can see a hairline crack in the cable going all the way across at the point where it makes a sharp bend coming from the front to plug into the board. The circuit doesn't appear to be broken. It seems like thats my problem now?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply