Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kooler  
#11 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 10:50:37 AM(UTC)
kooler

Groups: Senior Expert

I searched for a wiring diagram to this unit to no avail, however it shouldn't be too difficult to rewire... Just a switch for the light and a dual speed switch for the fan with neutral for each component... I could open mine up and list which colored wire is which for you if that would help... Let me know.. kooler
tomoni40  
#12 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 3:17:34 PM(UTC)
tomoni40

Groups: Registered

Hi Kooler: Thank you for your reply. I do appreciate the time you spent looking for the diagram,but I think you are correct, a light switch and a fan switch are together. If it is not to much trouble,I would appreciate you send me a color diagram for the hook up.
I am also interested in knowing where to get the electric motor,just in case I need to replace it.
Thanks again,and keep up the good work.:)
tomoni40
Admin / APP Team  
#13 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 4:38:01 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The fan motor for this model is no longer available. You can use one of the universal fan motor kits as a replacement:

Single speed motor - fan blade and mounting hardware included. One speed motor has two wires only, usually white and black.
UserPostedImage

Two speed motor - fan blade and mounting hardware included. Two speed motor has three wires, usuallly white, black and red.
UserPostedImage

Filter for your rangehood model
UserPostedImage
kooler  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2008 8:42:26 PM(UTC)
kooler

Groups: Senior Expert

Beginning with the power and neutral wires, the neutral wire - white - simply connects to the white wire of the light socket and the white wire of the fan motor... The main power wire connects to each of the blue wires going to the light switch and the fan switch... The red wire of the light switch goes to the light socket... The red and black wires of the motor switch of course go to the motor and that completes the circuit for this model range hood... My experience with these motors usually has shown the black wire as the high speed and the red wire as the slower speed so if you get a replacement motor keep that in mind when wiring in the new motor... The high speed should come on first when pressing the motor switch from the OFF position and the slower speed following... Good luck, kooler
tomoni40  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2008 5:11:38 AM(UTC)
tomoni40

Thank you very much Kooler. I will wire it according to your instructions, and let you know.
Thanks again!
QATSISTOVE  
#16 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2008 7:47:43 AM(UTC)
QATSISTOVE

Purchased Replacement Motor For Ge Jv322 J2ad And Installed. Motor Turns Clockwise Which Blows Down Like A Fan Instead Of Exhausting. Tried A Reversal Of The Wires To Change Polarity But That Didn't Work. Any Ideas?
Gene  
#17 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2008 2:12:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Try to turn the fan blade upside down on the motor shaft. The fan blade (and the motor shaft) must face upward.

Gene.
baltanray  
#18 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 2:15:06 PM(UTC)
baltanray

we're looking to see if we can get a replacement fan blade for our GE Range Hood JV610R1AV. or if we should just buy 1 new range hood?

the blade has become brittle and one fan blade broke off. we bought the house in the early 80's and it was built in the late 70's. so our range hood's about 30yr old or so~

tho the motor seems to be working fine still. just not sure what we should do and where can we find a replacement fan blade for our GE Range Hood JV610R1AV if it's easily fixable?

the fan is a 6.5" black 4-blade.

thank you!
Gene  
#19 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2008 10:46:11 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Call the customer service at 877-477-7278 and ask for Adam.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply