Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Buddha52  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 5:52:56 PM(UTC)
Buddha52

Groups: Registered

Hi Folks,

I am having a problem with my Amana oven. Last week we were using the oven when we heard a loud POP and sizzle:eek: . Upon opening the oven door I found the inside of the oven covered in white powder. After it cooled down i removed lower cover and found thr bake element blown apart in 3 pieces. Ok, order new part and 2 days later got it and installed it. Turned on oven to check my handy work and get some brownie points and oven would only heat to 265. Damm,this dosen't look good. Back into the oven checked ohms on new element(good) checked high limit switch(good) checked circuit breaker and 125v on both legs. What next? ERC.
Any help would be great.:D
Thanks Brad
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2011 2:30:24 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for AMANA AER5845RAB RANGE- S/C F/S ELE | AppliancePartsPros.com

I agree with you that it does not sound good as it sounds like when the element blew it took out the control board (item 7 in Section 3).

I am assuming that the oven never comes ready. If it does then you may want to check the oven sensor before getting a control board.

Also when you checked hi-limit did you remove the wire to one side of it. This ensures that you do not read an alternate/parallel circuit path.

Since you have done a lot of troubleshooting you may want to consider ordering from AppliancePartsPros as they will allow you to return the board if it does not fix your problem.
See their return policy.

PS: I do not work for them but have seen a number of compliments about their service on this forum.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Buddha52  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2011 11:18:28 AM(UTC)
Buddha52

Groups: Registered

Thank you very much! I did not check the high limit switch with a wire removed. Thanks for the tip. I will recheck that and if good I will order the part you sent me the link to. Thanks again,Brad:)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply