Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sternmd  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2009 7:51:49 AM(UTC)
sternmd

Groups: Registered

Hi I have a 2 month old Kitchen Aid KUCS03FTSS

All of a sudden, the unit is acting funny. When I press on the foot pedal to activate a normal cycle, about 2/3rds of the way through the cycle, the unit starts to make a loud noise and compactor door starts to open from the bottom.

The door seems to slip out of its locked/closed position and the cycle stops midway. The ram is still down and the door cannot be opened any further. I then push close the door and a few minutes later, the ram lifts up and the door can be opened again.

Any idea what this could be? Might it just be a balance issue on my floor - perhaps the unit is tilted forward and needs to be rebalanced? Or is it much more complex than that?

I couldn't find any reference to this issue in prior posts, service or tech manuals for this unit

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.