Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jdh06  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 4:31:02 PM(UTC)
jdh06

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag dishwasher that I bought in Feb 2010. The top rack is not getting water to clean the dishes. I took the bottom apart down to the food diposal and cleaned that out (very clean). Checked all the way up to the top rack spinner and it is all clear. I checked my water pressure going in and it is good. I am at a loss. Does anyone know what else I can try or replace? I see other dishwashers on here but not my model. I am a do it yourselfer and could use the help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 3:58:37 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
The parts will be very close if not the same as a AWB0.

Since you have checked/cleaned all the filters and chopper/impeller perhaps it is a low fill problem.

You can check this by adding a quart or two of hot water after each fill.
Just be careful not to overfill it.
If it now washes OK then odds are the filter screen on the input side of the water valve is partially clogged.
If dirty clean it. Do not permanently remove it from the valve as it is there to keep crud out of the valve which could hold it open and cause a flood.
Just be careful to not over fill it.

Often if it is a low fill issue, you can hear it, the pump will growl because it is sucking in air.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
jdh06  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:02:39 PM(UTC)
jdh06

Groups: Registered

Denman, thanks for you help. It was the filter screen on the input water screen. I found what looked to be rubber chunks under the screen. As soon as I read the growl you explained, I didn't hesitate and went right to it. I appreciate your input. Thank you very much.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply