Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jmrec100  
#31 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2009 3:49:20 PM(UTC)
jmrec100

Groups: Registered

I went and traced everything. Did continuity from wire down to the gas valve, removed wires, check continuity. Etc.
Then did a voltage check at the various connection. There was 120 volts where it was supposed to be when it is supposed to be there. As a last check, I hooked my Multimeter to check current. Removed one lead from the gas valve going to the ignitor, connected my meter in line and connected the circuit thru my meter. Saw 2.5 to 3.1 amps. That checked out. And saw the ignitor LIGHT UP ! Victory. Must have had a loose connection somewhere and by going over every wire and connection, I must have tightened it up. I know the ignitor was bad from day one because read no resistance. So family is happy, I am happy. And Thank you for all the help. Reminder to anyone reading. Check all the connections. I don't know which one was loose but the oven works now.
Gene  
#32 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2009 3:53:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Congratulations! You fixed it!

Gene.
rolfw  
#33 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2011 6:25:13 PM(UTC)
rolfw

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: jmrec100 Go to Quoted Post
I have a model 44XL. I followed some of the posts answers you supplied in trying to trouble shoot. The Oven does not work, but the Broiler does. And all the stove top burners work. The igniter for the oven bake doesn't glow at all. I hear the clicking at the knob. I checked amps at the Ignitor - NO current. Checked voltage at the gas valve load side to the ignitor. It reads 7. 2V before turning the knob on. Reads 8.8V after turning the knob. It should read 120V? I will have to look again but I believe the line side entering the gas valve does the same? Not sure on that. I will check the resistance reading thru the ignitor but I do not think that is it. I think it's probably line voltage into the valve is off. Is there a control board or is it thru the knob that the voltage is supplied? What should I suspect is the problem?

I have the same problem with my XL44 rangehow did you solve it?
Gene  
#34 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 1:55:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rolfw Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem with my XL44 rangehow did you solve it?

What is the complete model number of the range?

Did you do any troubleshooting so far?

Gene.