Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
myslyn  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 4:41:04 AM(UTC)
myslyn

Groups: Registered

Hi. I have a washer, a Roper model #RAB5232EW1 and it just started having the following problem:

When the washer is turned on to fill, the tub is not in correct alignment so water splashes up around the lip of the tub and leaks out onto the floor underneath. I can push or hold the tub so it fills up right for both the wash and rinse cycles but if I don't hold onto it, it slides right back out of alignment and the water leaks out.

Is there something that used to hold the tub in place that is broken that might cause this? I looked at the diagram but I don't know what is holding the tub in place and could use some help to fix this, please.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 10:38:20 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Remove the washer cabinet (instructions attached) and check the suspension springs (#2 on the break down diagram) and the tub support (#4 on the break down diagram). Post the results.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Roper washer Model RAB5232EW1

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
How to remove the washer cabinet.doc (25kb) downloaded 16 time(s).
myslyn  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2009 5:38:41 AM(UTC)
myslyn

Groups: Registered

We did not work on the washer for a week or so due to illness but once we were back in shape, we used the information that Gene sent in the post. :) We took the washer apart and started looking for either loose support springs or a broken tub support.
I am happy to report that the springs-though starting to look rusty-were just fine! The tub support was still intact but the washer was leaning beCAUSE...

the slot in the rear of the washer that connects to by a spring had rusted through and was causing the washer to lean forward, and subsequently, the water to leak during the fill-up! :rolleyes: We still didn't repair that slot but found another one near it and we were back in business! :D

Thanks so much for the tips, and I'm glad that we didn't have to replace anything...yet.

myslyn
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2009 12:39:47 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply