Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Frub  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2011 7:17:11 AM(UTC)
Frub

Groups: Registered

Washing a small load on gentle cycle, cold water only, the washer wouldn't drain or spin. The drain hose was properly located. The machine clicked to change modes but nothing happened. after several minutes, there was an electrical smell emminating from the machine. I unpluged the washer. When I opened the back panel, there was no sign of obvious problem.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 3:59:29 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

What exactly does it do now on other cycles, will it fill, agitate or is the machine just plain flat out dead.

If it is dead the wiring or the timer could be the problem.
Frub  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:28:23 AM(UTC)
Frub

If you change the load size, the tub will fill, but it won't agitate, spin or drain.
Frub  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:12:11 AM(UTC)
Frub

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
What exactly does it do now on other cycles, will it fill, agitate or is the machine just plain flat out dead.

If it is dead the wiring or the timer could be the problem.

The machine will fill on different load settings, but won't agitate, drain or spin.
sidfink43  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:58:40 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

If the timer will not advance, check the lid switch. If it is advancing check the wiring between the timer and the motor.
Frub  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 4:20:57 AM(UTC)
Frub

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
If the timer will not advance, check the lid switch. If it is advancing check the wiring between the timer and the motor.

_ The timer did go through it's whole sequence. It clicked and advanced, but the washer did not complete it's cycle. It appeared to stop after the rinse fill. I have the top control panel piece removed to expose the timer section and the back of the machine mostly off. There is no sign yet of damaged parts or wires. Is there any way to check some of these components? I have a voltage meter. I won't have a chance to do anything else until this weekend. Thanks - I appreciate your help. - Frub
sidfink43  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 9:00:45 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

If the machine will go through a complete wash cycle and then stop a the rinse cycle the timer is likely the problem.

If you buy from this site and the part does not fix the problem you can return it, check the returns policy for details and conditions.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply