Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sleddoc  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2011 5:51:12 AM(UTC)
sleddoc

Groups: Registered

I have an eight year old LG front load washer with a LE code displaying ( overload ). I have one towel in the drum. The motor makes a slight whining sound and the Drum will not turn or rocks very little. I think it has a bad stator but am not sure. Is the stator hard to replace ? Is it likely this is my problem, do these fail ? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sleddoc  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2011 1:18:45 PM(UTC)
sleddoc

I googled - LG Tromm front load washer drum won't spin and found out what is probably my problem - the resistance of the stator checks out, 5-15 ohms. I am going to replace the Hall affect sensor - Motor position sensor. :)
sleddoc  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 7:06:08 AM(UTC)
sleddoc

The Hall Sensor was definately the problem. I replaced it a week ago and have had no Issues since. I did apply blue loctite to the 17mm bolt holding the rotor on. There was some blue loctite on the bolt from when the washer was built. I also applied conductive grease to the Hall Switch connector pins to ensure a good connection.
DAC68  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 5:30:32 AM(UTC)
DAC68

Originally Posted by: sleddoc Go to Quoted Post
The Hall Sensor was definately the problem. I replaced it a week ago and have had no Issues since. I did apply blue loctite to the 17mm bolt holding the rotor on. There was some blue loctite on the bolt from when the washer was built. I also applied conductive grease to the Hall Switch connector pins to ensure a good connection.

I have a 6 year old LG front loader with I think a similar issue. Very little in the drum, motor makes similar sounds. Doesn't seem to spin up to high extractor speed. Displays the LE code when overloaded and won't spin at all. Basically the motor seems weak. Do yo think the Hall effect sensor or both the stator and sensor? Thanks
sleddoc  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:06:39 AM(UTC)
sleddoc

I would replace the sensor. It is about 25 to 30 bucks and from all of the postings on the internet from people with the LE code and sensor problems, that should fix it. Mine is still running perfectly.
TALLIANN  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:13:36 AM(UTC)
TALLIANN

I have an lg washer it started making a loud noise and was spinning out very fast now washer stopped totally had LE code will not drain or do anything need help fast
sleddoc  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:08:37 AM(UTC)
sleddoc

Mine didnt make any noise before it stopped. It started displaying the LE code at the begining of the wash cycle. Was the noise because the load was not balanced ? you could try removing some of the clothes and see if it restarts. The service manual has some diagnostic steps that might help, you can search and find it online.
TALLIANN  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:14:03 AM(UTC)
TALLIANN

Originally Posted by: TALLIANN Go to Quoted Post
I have an lg washer it started making a loud noise and was spinning out very fast now washer stopped totally had LE code will not drain or do anything need help fast

try everything still will not move LE CODE water did not drain either
sleddoc  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 10:13:06 AM(UTC)
sleddoc

I have seen people posting that if you spin the drum around manually 4 or 5 times they will start working again. Not a permanent fix but it might get the water drained. The manual has the specs for the Stator coil - its 7-15 ohms of resistance between the wires on the plug. You could check that and verify that the stator is good and replace the hall sensor, thats what I did, but I dont know how to explain the loud noise.
TALLIANN  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:08:03 AM(UTC)
TALLIANN

Originally Posted by: sleddoc Go to Quoted Post
I have seen people posting that if you spin the drum around manually 4 or 5 times they will start working again. Not a permanent fix but it might get the water drained. The manual has the specs for the Stator coil - its 7-15 ohms of resistance between the wires on the plug. You could check that and verify that the stator is good and replace the hall sensor, thats what I did, but I dont know how to explain the loud noise.

what do you think could be making this noise