Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SlowGin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 8:01:10 AM(UTC)
SlowGin

Groups: Registered

I have a 110.96468800 Kenmore dryer. The problem I am having is that I have to run 2 cycles to get the clothes dry. Here is what I have tried.

Checked the wall outlet it has 110 power at the required spots and 220 when I check the 2 110 together.

Cleaned the internal lint screen shoot, top to bottom, cleaned the blower fan at bottom of shoot, cleaned lint screen then ran water through it, it works fine.

Cleaned out the two sets of holes inside the drum, cleaned the exhaust shoot and the one on the house. It is the ridged 4" all the way through. This exhaust shoot in the house goes from the dryer straight up the wall and out the roof; this is about 16’ long and has no obstructions.

Started the dryer, it runs up to 170deg then immediately goes to 120deg then it continues this cycle over and over.

Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

SlowGin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2007 10:55:19 AM(UTC)
SlowGin

I pulled the dryer away from the wall and ran a load and it finished drying in 1 cycle. I plugged it back into the wall and ran a load and it again took 2 cycles. I checked the 4” pipe all the way up the wall. It runs 16’ high and out the roof, this pipe is clean all the way through. There is no screen at the top just a cap to stop rain from getting in. And the pipe that connects the dryer to the wall is also clean and is rigid 4” tubing. Not sure what the problem is, almost like the fan cant push the air up 16’?
kooler  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2007 2:41:07 PM(UTC)
kooler

Groups: Senior Expert

I would scratch my head with this one too, as long as I was positive the vent tube riser was clear of lint... Then I would locate one of those rebuild kits for kenmore dryers made by whirlpool... Call APPros to see what the part number is for a kit, should be cheaper than buying the individual parts... There's 2 different kits, 1 for standard dryers and another for commercial heavy duty dryers... Comes with new belt, rollers, pulley, and most importantly new drum felt seals which may be the culprit in your situation... When these seals wear out they allow heated air to escape around the drum instead of flowing properly thru your clothes and out the exhaust vent... Taking too long to dry your clothes is a classic sympton of worn drum seals or clogged exhaust vent... cheers, kooler
Admin / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2007 12:14:04 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The dryer repair kit for this model includes a new belt, rollers, and idler pulley. Felt seals are separate though.

- Dryer repair kit (drive belt, 2 drum rollers, idler pulley, and instructions)
- Rear felt seal
- Front bearing and seal kit