Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Renec  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:01:38 PM(UTC)
Renec

Groups: Registered

Walked into the kitchen to find water on the floor (lots) and evidence that it was coming from the dishwasher. I stopped the dishwasher and opened it up . All the dishes were wet and everything looked ok but the tub was full of water. Closed it and listened all noises were ok while it sounded like it was washing then the washing noise stopped and a fairly audible hum started and continued for a minute or so before the washing sound began again. I clean everything up drained the tub and removed all foreign debris that I could and tried it again. Same thing but I stopped it before the water started leaking on the floor. I suspect a bad drain pump because of the humming sound which my wife confirmed is not a normal sound.
What do you think, replace drain pump?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:00:45 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is your parts breakdown
Model GSD6200G00BB

I would disconnect it at the drain, depending on the hook up there is often a lip on the inside of the hose. Stuff can collect here and eventually clog it.

Also it looks like your drain has a number of check/flapper valves perhaps one of them is shot.

I would also remove the kick plate and see where the leak was.
If it is due to the pump pressure then your pump is OK.
Also if it leaks with pressure it will eventually leak without pressure so is best to fix it.

Take the drain system apart just undo hose etc. slowly so you can re-tighten to stop the draining if whatever you use to catch the water fills up.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply