Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
charlessr  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 6:44:19 AM(UTC)
charlessr

Groups: Registered

lst evening my wife said the microwave portion of our older kitchem oven with the microwave on top and the oven on the botomn..started sparking and scared her...ii noticed that indeed that were some black spots on the beack of the inside of the microwave....almost as if there were small holes in the (lining?),,,,,i took the metal rack out...and it did nto sspark,,,wonder if the interior ot the microwave unit can be replaced...hate to buy a complete unit...might just have to close down the microwave part...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 7:59:45 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: charlessr Go to Quoted Post
lst evening my wife said the microwave portion of our older kitchem oven with the microwave on top and the oven on the botomn..started sparking and scared her...ii noticed that indeed that were some black spots on the beack of the inside of the microwave....almost as if there were small holes in the (lining?),,,,,i took the metal rack out...and it did nto sspark,,,wonder if the interior ot the microwave unit can be replaced...hate to buy a complete unit...might just have to close down the microwave part...

Charles,

Without a model number, it's going to be a bit difficult to find parts.

But, as long as the marks are on the surface, and there are no holes in the cavity, you could clean and sand the area and use appliance touch up paint to cover the damage(use a couple of coats) usually you'll be fine for quite a while.

Part number: AP3134037
Part number: AP3134037

A basic rule, take the rack out of the microwave, unless you have to use it for "stacked cooking" or if the directions call for you to use it.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)