Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RedScott  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2007 10:35:24 AM(UTC)
RedScott

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool washer model number LLR6144BQ1. When I pull the knob to start it fills the tub with water but nothing else. I tried turning the dial to spin or rinse but still no action and no draining. It only fills. It does try to start the motor but it never quite goes. When I pull the knob the lights dim a bit and there is a electric humming noise.

Help?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fixxit  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2007 10:48:29 AM(UTC)
fixxit

Groups: Senior Expert

its possible you have a drain pump that has something jamming it and preventing it from turning, or a faulty motor. to check pull the pump by un clipping it (2 clips, 1 top and 1 bottom) pull the pump off the motor and trying to run it. if it agitates or spins you probably need a new pump (if you cant find or remove what ever is jamming it) pump part is AP2907492, if not your motor may have burnt windings new motor AP2905451
RedScott  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2007 2:19:47 PM(UTC)
RedScott

Nice call Brother,

There is definitly a rag caught in the water pump. Now to see if I can figure out a way to get it out of there.....
RedScott  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2007 3:00:23 PM(UTC)
RedScott

Hmm, I don't think I can get it out as it's wrapped up in there pretty good. I tried pulling the pump off of the drive shaft but it doesn't want to come off. Is there something I need to do to get it off besides unclipping the upper and lower clips? So far I've tried prying it off with a screwdriver and I thought I'd ask before upgrading to a full side pry bar.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply