Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andrew H  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:17:16 AM(UTC)
Andrew H

Groups: Registered

I replaced the timer and drain solenoid, because the solenoid burned up. To replace the timer, the door must be disassembled into inner and outer halves. I did this and, when I put it back together, the soap door does not lock.

There are two arm things. One attached to the soap dispenser and the other is spring loaded and is retained behind the timer. The one behind the timer, not interact with the timer itself at all. At least as far as I can tell it doesn't. I assume that the two arms must interconnect, but I have no idea how.

It seems that the soap release is a timed event, yet I can't seem to figure out how, as nothing seems to connect to the timer!

Pretty frustrated with this, because it looks so simple.

Another thing, why do manufacturers hide the repair manuals? Why can't they be easily found and used. Its your appliance, you should be able to fix it! The manufacturers should allow this information to be downloadable along with the useless "owners manual".:mad:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 6:48:31 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
This may help, check out #13.
http://www.applianceaid.com/ge-dish.html
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Andrew H  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 4:11:43 PM(UTC)
Andrew H

I have looked at the diagrams. The arm that is under the timer is not the problem. The plastic tab is in place and the spring is in place.

The arm on the door also seems fine. The spring is in place, and the dispenser acts as it should, but will not lock.

I can't seem to figure out 1) How the arm under the timer interfaces with the timer. I assume it must, because the dispenser action is a timed event, correct? But there is nothing on the timer that interfaces. The timer just seems to retain the spring load arm, I assume the two arms must interface in some way. Also 2) I can't figure out how the two arms interface. I can't tell if they should be locked together (like a tongue and grove or something) or if they interface some other way.

When I pulled the door apart, I don't remember anything popping loose,or a part falling out. I inspected the arms for wear patterns to try to elicit how the two arms work together, and the only wear pattern I see is on the little pointer thing in the middle of the arm under the timer.
denman  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:09:35 AM(UTC)
denman

I am trying to find a decent picture of this for you.

You said the timer arm is OK so I am assuming that it moves (follows the cam) when you turn the timer manually.
Andrew H  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:20:28 AM(UTC)
Andrew H

Is there any way to post pics on here? If I turn the timer, nothing happens on the arm retained under it. There is nothing under the timer, it is flat case. The only cam is on the arm on the door. That is clearly depicted in the links you posted.

Thank you for the help!
denman  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:47:11 AM(UTC)
denman

I cannot find a parts breakdown for a GSD2300 following is for a GSD2325 which I think uses the same timer and dispenser parts.
Replacement parts for General Electric GSD2325F00BB Dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

I am assuming the cam you refer to is Item 853 in Section 1.
It should turn when the timer is turned and the lever (Item 861) should ride on it.