Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aorose  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2007 8:24:05 AM(UTC)
aorose

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Well the washer is now making a high pitched noise when it is trying to drain during the wash and rinse cycle and is not draining the water completely. During these times it is not spinning well and I am assuming it is because of to much water. The spin cyle is working well and spinning fast however I usually have to spin a load at least twice before I am able to dry it.

Sounds like it is the pump however the high pitch noise is throwing me off a little. Any suggestions.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fixxit  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2007 9:01:40 AM(UTC)
fixxit

Groups: Senior Expert

often times the pump cloggs or the pump motor wears out. you may have more problems but lets tackle the poor draining first as it sounds like a big offender. if all the water is out of the tub use a bucket or wet/dry shop vac to catch the rest of the water out of the lines. once that is done. disconnect the drain pump electrical leads and try to put it into a spin cycle. this will tell you if it some thing other than just the pump. post you results. good luck
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply