Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brewstmp  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 4:52:20 PM(UTC)
brewstmp

Groups: Registered

My Bosch dishwasher, approx. 6 years old, has worked great until 6 months ago. Every once in a while, it would fail to complete the cycle. The dial would stop moving, but the motor would continue running. Then next time I would try it a few days later, it would work fine. It didn't always stop at the same point in the cycle either. The problem seems to becoming more frequent. My mechanically gifted son checked it out. He couldn't find in blockages in the water supply and suspected it may be something in the dial or controller/timer. Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fixxit  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 6:51:57 PM(UTC)
fixxit

Groups: Senior Expert

sound like a bad timer the part # for the timer is AP2804302
brewstmp  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2007 1:48:16 PM(UTC)
brewstmp

Any idea why it works intermittently. If it doesn't complete the cycle, I can usually wait a few days and then it works fine. But if I do one load that goes through the entire cycle, and then try to wash another load immediately after, it won't complete.
sparepartspro  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2007 2:01:36 AM(UTC)
sparepartspro

Classic anti-flood symptom.
There is a float switch in the bottom of the plinth that when activated puts the machine into continuous drain mode.
If this occurs every other day or so then the water is drying out during this time and puts the machine back into run mode.
The next time it fails to run, tilt the machine back to drain any water out of the bottom and see if that fixes it.
Causes of flooding are due to operator chucking the soap tablet in the sump of the dishwasher on start up. The foam action creates a false rise in water level that then fills up the drip tray in the plinth.

Of course this is one of the most common of courses and I could go on to explain others but that is for another day. I'm sure this will fix it for you.

Kind regards Tony
brewstmp  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 5:59:22 PM(UTC)
brewstmp

I replaced the timer, but still the same problem. Any other ideas?
kawfeeman  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 6:17:45 PM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Groups: Senior Expert

usually if you advance the timer one click or two at whatever point it seems to be getting stuck at and it will continue until another point where it again gets stuck, it usually means that it is some sort of heating circuit problem. most often the timer is not the problem but more like a thermostat. i believe on that model, there are 2 thermostats in the door area, near the detergent dispenser ... most of the time, one of them is not sensing heat properly.. "thermomastic' is important when replacing those thermostats as heat transfer is very important..
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply