Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
doitmyself2011  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 12:33:47 PM(UTC)
doitmyself2011

Groups: Registered

Hi,
Its a kenmore 110.82882100 washer,
it fills up with water and agitates,pumps out and spins,but when rinse cycle comes no water just a humming sound.
please help me,I dont understand why water only works for wash

I need to add info,my well pressure switch went bad a week ago,when it came back on,I got the usuall sediment and misc debris.
I had to clean the cold water screen on the washer as it would not fill more than a trickle.
after cleaning it the water would not shut off,(with the timer knob or unplugging it.
I SHOULD MENTION THAT I ONLY USE COLD WATER,THE HOT HAS NEVER BEEN TURNED ON AT THE VALVE.
This is because when i purchased it used,the hot would trickle all the time,so i turned it off and have not used it
Sorry,back to the issue,so after the water would not shut off,I removed the water valve and took it apart and cleaned it,now the water was working on/off but as stated in my previous post,only seems to work on the wash cycle.
I know the two wires going to the cold water side are on right,is it possible the wires going to the hot side are reversed? would that cause this? Is this a timer problem?
I replaced the fill valve(From appliance parts pros),the exact same info applies.
just a humm,when it should be filling for the rinse cycle.No water at all.
Fills fine for wash.
I would welcome your thoughts.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.