Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TK5028  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 11:30:30 AM(UTC)
TK5028

Groups: Registered

Not sure how old, got it used. The washer leaks during agitation process. It is splashing over tub and running down inner walls. I know this because the cutoff switch on door is missing and can see it happening when I open door. However it does not leak all the time, cannot understand why. I thought it only did this on lower water levels but wife says it does not matter. I thought there may have been a rubber "boot" on top to catch splash but Kenmore's diagram does not show this. This washer did not leak until we moved into another house.

Edit: just did a test. It seems as long as the water level is set to medium it does not leak. It appears that when the level is lower the "ribs" at the bottom is throwing the water up and over and out the top of the tub, with higher water level it does not throw it. Is there any kind of boot that is supposed to go on top of the tub that I cannot find?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.