Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
feinerl  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:32:31 PM(UTC)
feinerl

Groups: Registered

I moved into a house with CT130 electric ovens. Onw works fine the other is anemic. When I put it on bake the lower element gets warm but does not become red hot like the other. The same thing happens in broil. The element gets warm but not red hot. The vent on the bottom of the unit was bent and I was getting the E6 error code so I changes the selctor switch and unblocked the exhaust vent. The e6 code no longer comes up but the oven is still not baking or broiling properly. It seems like the full voltage is not being applied to the coils or the coils are both bad which seems unlikely. Any thoughts on how to proceed with troubleshooting?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 6:08:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi feinerl

The first thing I would check is the air interlock switch which is located on the blower housing. It could not work properly due to the grease built up on the actuator. The new switch is no longer available.

Gene.
feinerl  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 7:02:38 PM(UTC)
feinerl

The air switch is OK. THe volatge to the element is only 110V. Any other thoughts? Could it be the high temp cutout?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 7:31:29 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Yes. Most likely the problem is there. I'm not sure if it is resettable or it has to be replaced. If it has a red button in the middle then it is resettable. Just push the button.

Gene.
feinerl  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 7:44:12 PM(UTC)
feinerl

where would I find it? Do I have to pull out the oven?
feinerl  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 8:17:50 PM(UTC)
feinerl

I found it. I had to take out two screws and pull the cabinet out about 2 inches. There I saw the red button on the irhgt side of the unit! I pushed it in and my oven works! The previous owners inadverantly bent the grate that allows air to circulate around the oven and must have tripped the cutout. I will sing the praises of this site and buy all my future parts from your website.
glcl  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 23, 2008 3:33:21 PM(UTC)
glcl

I, too, had the same oven failure with my oven, gets warm in bake and broil but never hot. After reading this site, I followed the suggestion of re-setting thr HTC switch on the side of the oven, and it worked!
Thank you for this information, it saved me a lot of money. Especially when I attempted to order parts for this discontinued appliance that no longer had replacement parts available.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply