Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dhs70flh  
#21 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2011 2:27:56 PM(UTC)
dhs70flh

Groups: Registered

Joe, just a couple of more questions before I go away. #1 You mentioned a problem with the freezer wiring harness - Where do I find that - I'm assuming in the freezer somewhere?? #2 When I installed the new mother board (WR55X10942) in step 2 it said "eliminate thermistor wire in pin 2 of J1 connector". It had a note that said it was only applicable for - all bottom freezer models and Encoder models with certain serial number prefixes. My refrig is neither of those stated in the note. However, I do have a wire in pin 2 of connector J1 but, no wire in pin 1 of J1 connector. The illustration in the instructions has wires in pins 1 & 2 of connector J1. Therefore, I DID NOT cut the wire on pin 2 of J1 connector. Is that correct??

I'm about to give up. Thanks for your help anyway.
Joe / APP Team  
#22 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 5:52:37 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dhs70flh Go to Quoted Post
Joe, just a couple of more questions before I go away. #1 You mentioned a problem with the freezer wiring harness - Where do I find that - I'm assuming in the freezer somewhere?? #2 When I installed the new mother board (WR55X10942) in step 2 it said "eliminate thermistor wire in pin 2 of J1 connector". It had a note that said it was only applicable for - all bottom freezer models and Encoder models with certain serial number prefixes. My refrig is neither of those stated in the note. However, I do have a wire in pin 2 of connector J1 but, no wire in pin 1 of J1 connector. The illustration in the instructions has wires in pins 1 & 2 of connector J1. Therefore, I DID NOT cut the wire on pin 2 of J1 connector. Is that correct??

I'm about to give up. Thanks for your help anyway.

Dhs,

You did fine, and followed the instrutions correctly.

Your freezer wire harness is located behind the back wall of the freezer, in the evaporator area, there are several multi plug connectors, and you need to separate them, check for moisture and corrosion, inside the connectors, clean and re attach the connections.

Hope you don't give up too soon.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply