Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bthomas202  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2007 11:47:38 AM(UTC)
bthomas202

Groups: Registered

I have a 24" KitchenAid Superba double wall oven with pushbutton electronic controls. Yesterday I had both ovens cooking and turned them both off. The display went black normally, but the lower oven unit didn't turn off. I woke up at 3:00 a.m. and heard the oven fan going. The lower unit was still on. It was still hot. I pressed the off button several times--nothing happened. I finally had to trip the breaker switch to turn the oven off. This morning after the oven had cooled off, I turned the breaker switch back on. I did not touch the controls to turn either over on or off, but the lower oven started heating up again. What's the problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rvb  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2007 4:36:45 AM(UTC)
rvb

We have just experienced the exact same thing, except with the upper oven. I was wondering what you did to correct the problem?

Thanks
bthomas202  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2007 5:16:19 AM(UTC)
bthomas202

Regrettably, we had to replace the whole oven, and after only 8 years! This might seem stupid, but I replaced it with a Whirlpool oven (essentially the same oven, but without all the fancy gadgets). I did it because it's a 24" wide cabinet, and I was limited as to the vendors who make that narrow a unit.

I called the Whirlpool Company and complained about the old oven. They agreed to extend the manufacturer's warranty on the replacement unit from one to two years. Then, we bought a 5 year service contact through Sears for $200.

The replacement unit cost just under $900, with a 10% rebate from Sears. Of course, there was added cost for installation and the service contract, so I got out for about $1,200 total. But at least I have a new oven. It was going to cost $750 to replace the control module and keypad for the old unit.

The new unit is much quieter than the KitchenAid, and it bakes beautifully.

Good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply