Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mikeofba  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2007 6:39:27 AM(UTC)
Mikeofba

Groups: Registered

I am trying to get the cabinet off of the dryer to get to the ignition parts, but cant figure out which part of the cabinet to take off first. The dryer is not heating up, and all of the lint traps are clear as well as the exhaust port. I am thinking it is the igniter or the sensor. I just need to know the best way to get to them without tearing the whole dryer apart.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 9:48:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Mikeofba
Open the door and remove screws holding the door hinges and two screws on another side of the door frame. Holding the door about 90 degrees to the cabinet lift it up and pull it toward yourself releasing the hinges from the slots. Grab the front panel on top on both sides and pull it out toward yourself till about 40 degrees and release it from the bottom clips.
Now you have the access to the gas burner and the igniter. If you will put the door back without the front panel you'll be able to run the dryer and see how the ignition works. Before you replace the igniter check it for the continuity and if has it then the problem could be the thermal fuse. The part number for the igniter is AP276134 and the part number for the thermal fuse is AP285207 .
Just for the references here are the break down diagrams for the Maytag dryer Model MDG8416AWW
Good luck.
Gene.