Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MGray  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2007 6:36:28 AM(UTC)
MGray

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Ok you probably laugh and say Hey Lady you need a new washer. My dilmena is that I don't know if I need a plumber or a washing machine maintenance or a new washer.

First the washer does not run cold water at all. I checked the hoses and cold water is turned on. Also this is a biggy. When the washing machine fills up everything is fine. When it gets to the cycle of draining, the water now backs up to the toilet in my bathroom. My washer and pipes for the toilet are all on the same side of the house. We took the toilet off and can see when the washer tries to drain it seems to want go back towards the toilet then you will see the water in the drain (on the floor for the toilet) water begin to drop. I will see soap water coming up from the toilet floor drain. Now if you just run faucets in the bathroom and tub water this problem does not occur. It is stemming when the washer is draining. Oy I need help :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2007 8:29:10 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi,

Quote:
First the washer does not run cold water at all.

Check the screen in the water valve. Remove the cold water hose from the back of the washer and look inside the valve for the screen. It maybe plugged up. Also check the hose for a screen to see if it needs cleaning.

Quote:
Also this is a biggy. When the washing machine fills up everything is fine. When it gets to the cycle of draining, the water now backs up to the toilet in my bathroom. My washer and pipes for the toilet are all on the same side of the house. We took the toilet off and can see when the washer tries to drain it seems to want go back towards the toilet then you will see the water in the drain (on the floor for the toilet) water begin to drop. I will see soap water coming up from the toilet floor drain. Now if you just run faucets in the bathroom and tub water this problem does not occur. It is stemming when the washer is draining.

Time to call the plumber in.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply