Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bradleyjfinney  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 5:09:04 PM(UTC)
bradleyjfinney

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Monogram fridge ZISB480DXA. The LED lights in the ceiling of the fresh food chamber stopped working. I pulled out the LED panel and tested it with 27V and it works fine. The other leds (top status bar, bottom status bar) all work. Halogen lighting works. It's not the door switch because I switched the wires for the left and right door switched on the FF side and the behavior was the same on the other switch. What could it be? By the way, the wiring diagram that came with the unit appears to be wrong. According to the diagram, FF Door Switch 1 controls the all of the Halogens and the Door Open signal and Door Switch 2 controls the LEDs. Well, in my fridge, the right FF door switch (I don't know if it is one or two) controls everything and the left switch does nothing. I really appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thank you!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

joeba  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2011 7:04:27 PM(UTC)
joeba

I have the same problem with my monogram refrigerator. I have GE service coming out next week since the unit is under warranty. I'll post a followup after the service call.
joeba  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 12:54:39 PM(UTC)
joeba

Originally Posted by: joeba Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem with my monogram refrigerator. I have GE service coming out next week since the unit is under warranty. I'll post a followup after the service call.

Well GE service replaced the led panel and door switch and still no joy. What's next? Glad that this unit is still under warranty. The tech said motherboard next likely culprit.
joeba  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 3:25:42 AM(UTC)
joeba

Originally Posted by: joeba Go to Quoted Post
Well GE service replaced the led panel and door switch and still no joy. What's next? Glad that this unit is still under warranty. The tech said motherboard next likely culprit.

Turns out this was a transformer (located at the bottom of the refrig) that went bad. This transformer kicks down 120V AC to 50V AC. BTW, there are 2 transformers on this LED circuit. Another transformer after the 120->50 converts 50V AC ->30V DC. Seem overly complicated just to power a light.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 12:18:22 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I referred to this forum because the LED lights in my GE Monogram refrigerator, model ZISS480NX, stopped working. The recommendation(s) suggested replacing the transformer. I ordered the transformer via a link in one of the replies in this forum and it worked; my lights are back on. Trying to unscrew the transformer itself is not easy because of the angle and space you're working in. The tray itself was relatively easy, the transformer was another story, but persistence paid-off. Thanks everyone who provided recommendations and comments.
#6 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2022 3:02:15 PM(UTC)

United States

I have the same issue with FF lights in my GE monogram 480. Tested everything and don't can't find out the issue. Transformers are good input is 120V and output is 13V. Door switch seems to work as the LED display goes off when pressed and comes up when released. TOD switch seems to have a closed circuit. Is it the main circuit board? How do I test it?
#7 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2022 7:52:27 PM(UTC)

United States

My light went out in the freezer of my GE monogram model zisp420DKCSs
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2023 5:12:14 PM(UTC)

United States

My lights went out in the ceiling of my monogram refrigerator/freezer(side by side).
How do you remove the panel to access the lights?
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2023 4:49:08 PM(UTC)

United States

Is this under warranty?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply