Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jamiepe  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 7:19:26 AM(UTC)
Jamiepe

Groups: Registered

How do I get to the pump on this machine? I cant see a way to take the face plate off the front loader.

Do I go in from the bottom?

Shesh...they don't want me to do it obviously...there is no easy way in. From the back is easy but you cant reach the pump
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 9:27:03 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi,

Is there not a cover on the bottom left side that you can flip open?
Open that cover and you can clean the water pump out from there.

This LG Manual may help.
Jamiepe  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 9:16:32 AM(UTC)
Jamiepe

Groups: Registered

For the LG front loading washer you have you have to attack the pump from the bottom. Yes, you remove the small face plate to the filter on the front and remove the screws there but that does not allow access to pull the pump. Do not attempt to remove the entire front of the machine.....it is not the way you want to do this job.

When Underneath the unit you have to remove the storage unit if you have one which exposes an open hole on the bottom of the washer. When inside and you can see the pump, you need to undo 3 clamps that attach rubber hoses from the pump to to other parts of the machine. Then I had to detach the wiring attached to the pump (took a picture of that) and the pump should come out by sliding it out of its mounting track . We opened the pump itself from the enire component by losening the 3 screws that attached it tto the motor and found a USA penny in there keeping the pump turbine from being able to spin which was causing the spin cycle not to work and hence not allowing the machine to drain. I am amazed that a penny was able to make it past the filter. I figure it snuck pat one time possibbly when I pulled the filter itself to clean it and it may have drained unabated into the pump. It took about 2 hours to take it apart and diagnose with 2 people. .....on a Saturday :(.....not what I had in mind.

Note..better to do it with 2 people...one to support the pump while the other person undoes the hose clamps.
I reccomend when doing the job to lay the unit on its side which exposes the bottom of the machine and allows you to remove the back of the washer(4 screws) to make it easier for 2 people to work on the unit. W/o 2 people, putting on and off the clamps to the hoses would be too hard since they are a PITA to get on/off w/o a person holding the pump for the guy putting the clamps on.