Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tugboat  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 9:01:47 AM(UTC)
tugboat

Groups: Registered

My Frigidaire Gallery gas dryer Model FSG747GES1 runs but does not heat. All venting is clean. Based upon other posts I opened the dryer and checked the following:
1). Gas valve coils checked for proper ohm readings (1356 ohms/56 ohms/1220 ohms)
2). Igniter (Part No. ap3674313) checked for continuity-reading 50 ohms).
3) Safety thermostat (Part No. ap152884) checked for continuity-reading 0 ohms.
4). There are several connections to the heat control thermostat (Part No. 131539400) so I didn't know how to test this part for continuity, but the problem may be with item 5 below anyway.
5). Flame sensor (Part No. 2545241) appears to have failed the continuity test. Checking for availability of this part shows that it is discontinued by manufacturer and no longer available. Can this component be safely bypassed or are there other options besides a new dryer?

Since today is a holiday I am not getting answers on the parts line.

Thanks for the help and Happy 2009!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.