Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LisaH73  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 5:12:23 PM(UTC)
LisaH73

Groups: Registered

Hello, I hope someone can help us out with this. When I power up my dryer and hit the Start button, it clicks and nothing happens. I ran thru the diags and got an F-01. According to the service manual, I was to replace the Machine Control Electronics. I went to the local appliance store and purchased the part and installed it according to the manual. It was pretty easy. However, I still have the same issue. The part cost $172 and is not returnable. I really can't afford to sink much more money into the dryer. If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it. I've read thru the forums and seen mention of a "CCU" but my manual doesn't mention that; just the machine control electronics.

Thanks in advance,
Lisa Howard

If it'd be easier, I can be emailed at lisah73 AT gmail DOT com
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 5:32:22 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

What you have experienced is the major problem with built in diagonostics for the overly complicated machines. Sometimes they just do not work and you are left owning an expensive part that did not fix the problem.

I suggest you replace the console next. If you buy from this site and the part does not fix the problem you can return it. See the returns policy for details and conditions. APP has great prices and rapid delivery (no, those of us who volunteer to respond are not associated with the company, but we do think they are the best on the Internet).

If you decide to replace the machine, a good basic dryer without any electronics will do a great job for you.

Good luck!
r_unda  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 10:29:33 PM(UTC)
r_unda

Groups: Registered

What do you mean by console? Do you have a part number so I can search it?

I am having the same issue as LisaH73. I am getting the code (f-01) on my dryer Model WED8410SW1. I replaced the CCU/control board but still getting the code.

When I press and hold the start button it goes through the “sensing” cycle once it gets to “wet” something inside makes a clicking sound (like a switch) and it gives me the F-01 code.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply