Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
owner_of_a_fixer-upper  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:21:50 PM(UTC)
owner_of_a_fixer-upper

Groups: Registered

I acquired a home with a broken Jenn-Air JMW9530AAW wall oven. I replaced the control panel and everything seemed to be working fine, until I ran the self clean cycle. During the cycle, the F3 error code flashed and the oven beeped until I hit the cancel button. Although I'd hit cancel the clean cycle seemed to continue. I allowed it to finish and have allowed 24 hours for the oven to cool down. The fan is still running and the door lock is still activated. From what I've found F3 seems to indicate a problem with the oven temperature setting and the most common recommendation is to check the wiring harness first. I am assuming that the harness connection is the problem since I just connected it to a new control panel. I can't get to the control panel to look at the wiring harness because the door is locked. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.