Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
blutterflybird  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2011 4:13:00 PM(UTC)
blutterflybird

Groups: Registered

I have a side by side Whirpool refrigerator. It was in the house I just purchased. The icemaker doesn't work, although the ice water mechanism works (the water is hooked up). I looked at the icemaker and it appears to be missing the metal signal arm. It's difficult to tell whether the icemaker is in the on or off position without the arm being there. There is a part available for $18.00 but I'm not sure if the arm is the entire problem. Any suggestions or alternative reasons why there's no ice being made? Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

blutterflybird  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 7:57:58 AM(UTC)
blutterflybird

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Applianceaid Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

In the links below you can watch a a video that explains how to test the ice maker.

Whirlpool Refrigerator Ice maker Refrigertor repair : ApplianceRepairLesson.com

In the second link you can watch a video that explains how to test the water valve and replace it if needed.
Refrigerator Video : ApplianceRepairLesson.com

thanks...I didn't see a video there, just the pics with the explanations...that's a bit too complex for my background so will probably have to call a repair person but at least it gives me an idea of what they might be looking for....I was hoping the missing signal arm was an issue in this situation...with it being gone, it makes me wonder if it does play a role here ....if anyone else has ideas, please post..thanks!