Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dave36256  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 10:34:58 AM(UTC)
dave36256

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore gas range. It has the glow bar type ignitor. I have changed it already trying to fix the problem. You can turn oven on, ignitor glows, but oven does not light. If you turn on one of the top burners, as soon as you open the gas flow with the burner knob the oven lights instantly. Then during cooking the oven will go out and temp falls. I'm guessing when it reaches temp and flame goes out, oven will not start back. Ignitor will be glowing the whole time. Any ideas? Safety valve, regulator?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

gtniemiec  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 11:31:39 AM(UTC)
gtniemiec

Groups: Registered

I have had the exact same problem for almost a year now. At first we would be able to get away with lighting a burner to start the gas flow, but then that stopped doing the trick. The next work around was to close and then reopen the valve where the gas comes in (assuming it is the regulator) and goes into the two different directions. (burners and oven) The oven would shut off when it reached the correct temperature, but would not go back on. The glow light would remain lit. We would then ignite a burner, and the oven would fire up again. Sometimes working from that point on, and sometimes not. Most recently, we tried turning the oven on, and the glow plug did not go on at all. It seems like it had been getting progressively worse, and now not going on at all.

I think maybe it may be the glow light element that was going out. If that is it, I woud have a hard time understanding why it would fire up when I closed and reopened the valve or lighted a burner. I am open to additional feedback also. thanks, Gary