Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kmccutcheon5  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 7:44:37 AM(UTC)
kmccutcheon5

Groups: Registered

I can't remember the model #, but my question is pretty simple. My oven gave me an error of F3, the repair site said to replace the temp. sensor. I replaced it and i'm still getting the same F3 error. Should I replace the clock, or is there somthing else wrong.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Pegi  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 10:12:37 AM(UTC)
Pegi

Groups: Senior Expert

F3= sensor circuit, could be the sensor, wiring harness or the clock, check the harness first from the clock to the sensor...
Roggy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2007 3:16:46 PM(UTC)
Roggy

Our Roper was doing the same thing. I have replaced the sensor & the Control Board (Clock). I don't know if yours has one or not but mine has a wiring piece that plugs between the Sensor Leads and the Control Board. It's about 3" long. It has two wires between the plugs. A tech told me I wasn't getting any continuity from one plug to the other. I tried to replace this piece but it's not available. It's not on anyone's drawings, not even Whirlpools (Roper). I ended up buying a new Thermal Cut-off (Which is one of the wires on the wiring piece) and cutting the old one out and soldering the new one in it's place. After ALL this I plugged it in and still got the F-3 code. It looks like we will be buying a new oven! About a $1500 expense for a $3 piece. If you find something else that works I'd like to know about it.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 1:42:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Roggy

Does the sensor on your oven have a quick disconnect plug? If it does get rid of it and reconnect wires using a wire nuts. It could solve the problem.
If you can, post a picture of the piece you found.

Gene.
Roggy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2007 4:30:00 PM(UTC)
Roggy

I fixed my problem!
It was the wiring piece that plugged in between the "Clock" and the Leads coming from the Sensor. One of the wires as I described between the plugs was a Thermal Resistor. I ordered one from Mousser Electronics and replaced it. I had to cut the old one out and the new one comes with crimp lugs. (Don't solder it or you'll blow the resistor again) I tried that. Good thing I ordered two. ($1.22 ea) I am beginning to think the problem started when we had the oven go through a "Self Clean". The high temperature must have blew the resistor. kmccutcheon5, does your oven have one of these wiring pieces? If so It may be your problem. It has a different plug on each end so you can't wire it direct to the "Clock".
Gene  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2007 5:14:17 PM(UTC)
Gene

Good job!

Gene.
tmswartz  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 11:07:44 AM(UTC)
tmswartz

Greetings to everyone!

While researching the F3 error on my Roper model# B9458B0 oven I came across this thread.

We have the same issue; I have disconnected the top panel and found the short pigtail coming from the clock to another wire pair leading into the top/back of the oven. One side of the pigtail has a thermistor, both wires read 0 ohms when measured plug to plug. Is this correct? Also, the temperature sensor disappears into the back of the oven, how can I disconnect it from what it is plugged into? Should I be able to measure any resistance across the wires at the end of the sensor to determine whether it is defective or not?

Thanks in advance for your expert input!

tmswartz
Gene  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 11:56:24 AM(UTC)
Gene

The oven temperature sensor resistance suppose to be about 1100 Ohms at the room temperature.
Locate the two wires plug at the control board, remove the plug and measure the resistance.
Make sure there is a good connection at the plug.

In order to replace the oven temperature sensor and, especially to check the sensor wire harness, the oven has to be removed from the cabinet.

If there is nothing wrong with the sensor, then the control board has to be replaced.

- The part number for the oven temperature sensor is AP3130719

- The part number for the control board is AP3104626

- Here are the break down diagrams and the wiring diagram for the Roper
oven Model B9458B0

Good luck.
Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply