Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cfodps  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2011 10:22:48 AM(UTC)
cfodps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OK, here's my situation with a Fisher Paykel double-drawer dishwasher. Found bottom drawer to be very hard to open. With a little pull I've extended the drawer all the way open. It will slide back a bit but the drawer tops is binding with what appears to be the drawer lid. The top drawer is functioning fine. I've released the top drawer by pressing in the two side tabs allowing the drawer to extend about another 6". I now have clear sight of the bottom drawer's top lid. The bottom drawer actually clears the front lip of it's drawer lid from what I can see. However, it immediately thereafter begins to drag/rub against the top lid. Almost as though the top lid has fallen or is slanted slightly from cabinet front to cabinet rear. Could definitely use some help/guidance here!

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

cfodps  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2011 12:18:18 PM(UTC)
cfodps

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
First off, stay clear of a Fisher Paykel double-drawer system. Worst engineering design ever! When you depress the latches found on the drawer sides, the drawer only extends an additional 6" or so! What's really needed is a warning sign that pops up with the message found on most fire engines, "Stay back 500 ft". My wife's hovering over me chanting the wifey version of the kid's chant, "are we there yet?!?", replaced with "is it fixed yet?!?!". Yes, I'm well aware that we have company coming to dinner in a few hours. So the wife suggests "try cutting the power to it..maybe it's confused..go ahead, try". No, it's not confused. Confused would be her 72 y/o aunt who thinks having a few bucks gives you the right to date men 1/3 your age. Not a cougar..more like a saber tooth if you know what I mean. So the good husband I am, I give in and make my way to the basement. Switch #13 is for the dishwasher and garbage disposal. I throw the switch. "Did you cut the power?!?!"..I wait a few minutes. Throw the switch back to on position. "IT'S MAKING A GRINDING SOUND!!". At this point I rather have heard her declare that the devil appeared in the bottom drawer and now both drawers are spewing fire. Grab the kids, run, that's what insurance is for. I make the mile or so walk back upstairs and I'm greeted with "told you so..it's working now...it was confused!". Now before I go and before her mother shows up is there any chance in hell that she could have opened the bottom drawer while say it was in drying mode causing the drawer lid to slip out of place causing the problem to begin with?

Thanks for listening to my rant. When all else fails, try cutting the power.
thanks 1 user thanked cfodps for this useful post.
jonneytaee on 8/31/2022(UTC)
Applianceaid  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:46:46 PM(UTC)
Applianceaid

Hello,

You need to remove the drawer and check the actuators. Put the unit into diagnostics and raise and lower the lid checking the operation of the actuators. Below is a video that explains how to remove the drawer and also how to put the unit into diagnostics to raise and lower the lid. The video also explains how to replace the wash rotor.

F&P Repair Video
timeoffat  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 3:01:49 PM(UTC)
timeoffat

Originally Posted by: Applianceaid Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

You need to remove the drawer and check the actuators. Put the unit into diagnostics and raise and lower the lid checking the operation of the actuators. Below is a video that explains how to remove the drawer and also how to put the unit into diagnostics to raise and lower the lid. The video also explains how to replace the wash rotor.

F&P Repair Video

I had a similar problem, and found out that the seal/frame above the drawer wasn't 'snapped' in the clip on one side. I had to remove the drawer, for another problem, and saw the metal piece hanging lower than it should. It was as simple as looking at the other side where it was clipped, and just snapped the loose side in place. It took a little bit of working it into place and wasn't really easy to snap in place. But once it was back in the clip, it worked fine.
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2022 9:06:59 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
How do I put protection cover back on bottom of drawer so that all hoses are in
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2022 9:47:22 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have the same problem but I have tried everything and nothing is working