Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ahjort  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 3:39:26 PM(UTC)
ahjort

Groups: Registered

Frigidaire gas dryer #glgq332as0

While digging into a problem with my gas valve coils, I noticed that the moisture sensor ( AP3220652) was burned out. For some time now, the dryer would not turn off when set on the automatic settings. We have been using only the timer setting for this reason. This has been going on for much longer than the gas valve coil issue, so I don't believe they are relative to each other.
Trying to "kill two birds with one stone", I replaced the moisture sensor (AP3220652) while I had the machine opened up. I figured the problem was solved! Much to my surprise...the new moisture sensor burned out! I can only guess but, it probably happened as soon as I turned the machine on (towel setting)!
HELP!
I would like to resolve this issue so I can use the settings as they were intended!
BTW, the gas valve coil issue has been resolved thanks to the many posts on this site relating a similar problem! THANKS!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:43:16 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

You will need to check and make sure that the dryer is venting properly. If it is not then this can burn out the moister sensor. Check all your venting for kinks and cloggs.
ahjort  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:07:57 PM(UTC)
ahjort

Groups: Registered

Thanks Jeff, I know the vent is clear...no kinks, no clogs!
I was doing some more poking around today and noticed there is a double white wire that is disconnected and it was laying against the back of the timer (making contact with the aluminum body of the timer). This was probably causing a short! I traced it back to the connector that attaches to the moisture sensor circuit board (AP3220652)! I am not to good at wiring diagrams...but from what I could tell this wire is supposed to be connected to the "TM" terminal on the back of the timer (it shares a connection with a black wire at the same "TM" location. There was an empty spade connector right there!!
It would be great if someone could confirm this for me before I power it up with a new Sensor (AP3220652). I hate to burn out another one!
they are not cheap!
I have added some photos to clear up any confusion...
The double white wire was disconnected and laying against the metal body of the timer! I reattached it but have not yet plugged it in. I need some reassurance that it actually goes there before i power it up!

100_2620.JPG

100_2621.JPG
ahjort attached the following image(s):
dryer1.jpg
dryer2.jpg
Jeff / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:05:42 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Yes according to the wireing diagram. That is where the wire would go. That should fix your problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply