Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
natejones  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2007 9:39:59 AM(UTC)
natejones

Groups: Registered

Hi i jsut bought a used dryer and had to change the plug. the one i took off only had three connector and the one i had to buy have 4 ( black green white red) and i dont know how to hook them up since the dryer only have three space to put them to.

please help thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Adam / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2007 9:57:23 AM(UTC)
Adam / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

Dear natejones,

***Please note we are not liable for what is meantioned below as agreed when you registered prior to posting your question to the forum***
( If uncomfortable with installation of the cord please contact a qualified technician to come to your home )

Take a look at the outlet on the wall and find the cord to match that outlet.
The only difference between the 3 wire and 4 wire cords in 220v is the 3 wire uses a green grounding strap between the body and terminal block. The 4 wire uses a green wire for the ground. The white wire is the nuetral. The red and black are your L1 and L2 lines.

If you look at the terminal block on the back of the dryer you will see 3 posts.

**4wire power cord**

The white wire (Neutral) will be attached to the center post. The red and black wire (L1 and L2) attach to the two outer posts on the terminal block. The green wire is used in place of the green strap (Ground).

**3 wire power cord**

The 3 wire cord is usually not color coded so just remember to attach the center wire to the center post while the two outer wires attach to the two outer posts . Make sure the green grounding strap is running from the center post on the terminal block to the screw on the body. ( You will see the screw located near the opening to the terminal block on the body)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply