Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Daniel J  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:09:56 AM(UTC)
Daniel J

Groups: Registered

We had a power outage this morning and the control panel on my range is completely dead now. The cooktop works using the mechanical controls, but there's no digital clock display or oven functions. Main house breakers are fine, I reset them to be sure. I also tried pushing and holding the clock button to see if it was in sabbath mode, but that didn't help.

Is there a fuse in this thing somewhere that may have blown?

Otherwise am I looking at an expensive replacement of the entire control panel?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 12:16:13 PM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

You will need a multi-meter for this. You need to gain acess to the back of the clock assembly. Remember you are dealing with "live tests" here. You will need to check across pin 4 on the red connector to chassis ground with your meter. You should have 120 volts. Then go to pin 3 on the red connector and check it to chassis ground. You should have 120 volts there as well. If you have 120 volts there, then you have a bad clock assembly. If you do not have 120 volts there, then you need to go to the high limit switch and check it. If you will trace the wires from pins 3 and 4 they should lead you to the high limit switch, which is on the back of the range. I will post the part number for the clock and the switch on here for you. Hope this helps.
Part number: AP4097237
Daniel J  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 11:36:15 PM(UTC)
Daniel J

Groups: Registered

Thanks, but the control panel just spontaneously beeped and lit back up this evening, about 14 hours after the electricity had been restored. The clock resumed with the exact time at which the electicity originally failed (it had remained out for about 90 minutes due to a problem at a nearby substation).

Very strange... I assumed a power surge had permanently taken out a component so I was quite surprised to see it come back to life. Have you seen this type of behavior before?

I guess I'll see if it stays on now, or continues to have problems.
Jeff / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2011 5:59:57 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

I have seen board do a reset. Hopefully that is what yours did. If you continue to have problems, go through the test above and see if it gets you going. Thanks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply