Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chappy.Andrew  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:55:34 PM(UTC)
Chappy.Andrew

Groups: Registered

Alright I've searched and searched on here, but I'd like to confirm some details before I buy any parts to fix my dryer. Make and model is as follows:
"Frigidaire Gallery Heavy Duty" gas dryer #FSGC849GHS0

This is the problem. I bought it used and just got the gas line set up. I plugged it in and it was running, but not igniting. I ripped the front panel off to see the ignitor is glowing nice and red, but only for 6 seconds, and then it's off for 34 seconds. It keeps this cycle going without igniting the gas. I don't smell gas or believe the gas valve is opening.

I've checked continuity on the 3 prong coil and the 2 prong coil (gas valve coils). The numbers match what I saw on here. I'm also getting continuity on the flame sensor and on what I think is the thermal fuse (top rear of the drum). I see what I think the cycling thermostat is, but because it has four separate wire terminals on it I'm not sure how to properly check for continuity on this item.

Having said all that the dryer drum works fine and the cycles as well. It seems the gas is not releasing out of the valves though. So my questions are:

1. Is the ignitor supposed to glow for more than 6 seconds?
2. Is it supposed to turn off for less than 34 seconds?
3. How do I check continuity on the cycling thermostat?
4. Should I hear any clicks from the valves? I hear nothing but the drum turning and see the ignitor glowing.

Here is a link to the schematics I found on my dryer (not sure how old this dryer is).

Electrolux 95342218-001 - YouserGuide

Any help to get this thing working would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.