Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
commo  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 9:25:33 PM(UTC)
commo

Groups: Registered

Hello,

The ice dispenser door quit operating correctly. I pulled the front panel off and was able to see the door pin and spring were dislodged. Upon further examination, I discovered the spot where the pin holds everything in place has broken and will not hold the pin in place. I have attached a picture. Do I have to replace the entire housing? I cannot find a part number on the parts list (i guess it would be the part labeled #1 with no part number).
Please advise what part I need and I will purchase it.

Thanks
commo attached the following image(s):
photo(2).JPG
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

commo  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 10:25:35 AM(UTC)
commo

Repairkit77  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 8:03:12 PM(UTC)
Repairkit77

I have a Maytag and the "ear" broke and allowed the rod to slip down. This prevented the switch activation and it would not work for anything. I removed the electronic housing and could see all of this.
The plastic housing is all molded together and is set into the foam in the door and cannot be removed. Even if it could be, Maytag does not sell the housing. Their answer was to purchase a new door for 400+ dollars.
I fashioned a repair that is working fantastically and am considering putting together a repair kit with pictures and detailed instructions.

Repairkit77@gmail.com
commo  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 19, 2011 4:17:38 AM(UTC)
commo

the part number i listed above fixed my problem and was specifically created to repair the weak plastic part that broke on mine. It was 65 bucks on amazon but i opted to purchase it locally for 85 so I could talk to the techs if needed. My ice maker door closes properly now
baldand50  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 8:14:26 AM(UTC)
baldand50

Originally Posted by: commo Go to Quoted Post
the part number i listed above fixed my problem and was specifically created to repair the weak plastic part that broke on mine. It was 65 bucks on amazon but i opted to purchase it locally for 85 so I could talk to the techs if needed. My ice maker door closes properly now

Is there a decent part detail photo that shows how the part fixes the problem? Maybe a printout of the installation instructions?

I'd like to see what they did to work around the cheap plastic junk they installed at the factory. I also don't want to spend $70 to find out that I bought something that won't fix the problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply