Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GM18  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 1:59:13 PM(UTC)
GM18

Groups: Registered

Two of my gas burner electrodes need to be replaced and I need some instruction on how to do this. I do have the proper parts (# 3185804) but I'm at a loss as to how to replace them, seeing as the gas top unit is totally enclosed underneath and to me it looks as if I would have to unhook the gas line etc. and lift the whole unit from my countertop to gain access. Is there any easier way....thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abadfish66  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 2:26:02 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

Your gonna do it from the top, not underneath... You will need to remove all the burners, and under the burners should be screws holding the top down... the model# you provided does not come up, so I'm going off of how it should be held on.
GM18  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 3:26:38 PM(UTC)
GM18

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the comeback badfish. I had another good look at it and it still appears to me that the burner can not come off at the top end. From what I can see is that it has to dropped down from the bottom end to get at the clip that holds the electrode in. Of course the bottom end is all enclosed in sheet metal which I can't take off unless I lift the whole unit from the counter, back to square one I guess. Appreciate you trying to help....take care.
abadfish66  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 4:53:43 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

I definatly would not go tearing into the thing from the bottom, think about it, when they build them, they put all the stuff inside, then put the top on, not the other way around
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply