Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
javelin72  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2011 2:50:23 PM(UTC)
javelin72

Groups: Registered

during wash cycles it will give an F02 code and stop the cycle
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2011 2:58:21 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

You most likely have a clogged water pump. Unplug the washer, and pull it away from the wall, and then lean it back, and rest it on the back wall. Once you have done that, I want you to take the bottom front panel off. Once that is done, the pump is right up front in the middle. I want you to turn the pump front cover to the left, and losen it, and once you do the the front cover will come off, and the filter will be attached to it. It is probably all full of junk. Clean it out, and then put it back together. Plug it back in, and then put the timer in a drain and spin cycle. If it drains, you got it. Let me know how it goes. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
javelin72  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 1:21:31 PM(UTC)
javelin72

Originally Posted by: kayakcrzy Go to Quoted Post
You most likely have a clogged water pump. Unplug the washer, and pull it away from the wall, and then lean it back, and rest it on the back wall. Once you have done that, I want you to take the bottom front panel off. Once that is done, the pump is right up front in the middle. I want you to turn the pump front cover to the left, and losen it, and once you do the the front cover will come off, and the filter will be attached to it. It is probably all full of junk. Clean it out, and then put it back together. Plug it back in, and then put the timer in a drain and spin cycle. If it drains, you got it. Let me know how it goes. Tom ApplianceEducator.com

Did as sugessted but it did not fix issue. During rinse/spin cycle 8 minutes into 20 minute cycle it was to drain but it stopped. I turned off power and it drained for about 2 seconds. The filter had a little lint, a nickle and 2 pennies. Well, what is next. Waiting patiently for now but if I don't get this fixed soon, I think the wife will have me doing laundry during Super Bowl! Joe
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 1:52:02 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Joe, it sounds to me like it wont drain. If you turn the control to drain and spin, and then hit start, water should come in for 3-5 seconds, and then the pump should come on. If you don't here the pump come on, or it just hums, then the pump will be your issue. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
javelin72  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 2:06:38 PM(UTC)
javelin72

Joe, it sounds to me like it wont drain. If you turn the control to drain and spin, and then hit start, water should come in for 3-5 seconds, and then the pump should come on. If you don't here the pump come on, or it just hums, then the pump will be your issue. Tom ApplianceEducator.com

Just turned it on. Door locked , some water entered, then it drained for about 5 seconds and now water is entering for rinse/spin cycle. 1 minute has ticked off timer as it is adding water. At this point, 4 minutes has ticked down and it is still adding water then spining. Joe
kayakcrzy  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 3:16:18 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

So it is adding water instead of draining. Unfortunantly it could be alot of things. You will probably be best to call a tech. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
javelin72  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 5:29:40 AM(UTC)
javelin72

So it is adding water instead of draining. Unfortunantly it could be alot of things. You will probably be best to call a tech. Tom ApplianceEducator.com

Tom, I tried it after your last info and it completed the rinse/spin cycle completely. It added water then drained and spun as indicated on the indicator and completed the cycle. I tried a load today and the code came on again. I did notice what could have been ball bearings in the filter when I cleaned it out. They were metal (4 of them) about 3/4 inch long and maybe 1/16 thick. Not sure what they were because they were rusty and stuck in with the lint. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe
kayakcrzy  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 5:35:02 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

This is what the code means by your manual.
If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes, the water valves are turned off and F02 is flashed.

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.

NOTE: After 4 minutes the “Sud” error will be displayed, then 4 minutes later the F02 error code will be displayed.

Potential Causes

• Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked
• Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
• Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects
• If the above does not correct the problem replace the pump

I am thinking that the pump neeeds to be replaced to. Is it kind of loud, when it pumped? Tom ApplianceEducator.com
javelin72  
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 7:14:00 AM(UTC)
javelin72

Originally Posted by: javelin72 Go to Quoted Post
Tom, I tried it after your last info and it completed the rinse/spin cycle completely. It added water then drained and spun as indicated on the indicator and completed the cycle. I tried a load today and the code came on again. I did notice what could have been ball bearings in the filter when I cleaned it out. They were metal (4 of them) about 3/4 inch long and maybe 1/16 thick. Not sure what they were because they were rusty and stuck in with the lint. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe

I started the wash cycle and noticed the F02 code came on as the cold water was to enter. It was coming in but very slowly. I restarted a rinse spin cycle with warm and it completed it fine. I am now running a delicate cycle but using warm wash and rinse. When the cycle swithed from wash to rinse the code came on. I ran a cold rinse cycle and the code came on near the end, about 4 minutes left. I then ran a warm rinse cycle and it completed the cycle. I have a well system and I do have hard water and sediment but I do use a filter on the cold side. Is it possible that there might be a blockage on the cold water inlet side? Joe
javelin72  
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 7:18:35 AM(UTC)
javelin72

This is what the code means by your manual.
If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes, the water valves are turned off and F02 is flashed.

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.

NOTE: After 4 minutes the “Sud” error will be displayed, then 4 minutes later the F02 error code will be displayed.

Potential Causes

• Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked
• Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
• Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects
• If the above does not correct the problem replace the pump

I am thinking that the pump neeeds to be replaced to. Is it kind of loud, when it pumped? Tom ApplianceEducator.com

Pump doesn't seam to be to loud. I just hear the water going down the drain. The drain hose is attached at the back of the machine in the supplied hooks. joe